New Client Touches

kgmom219

What's Next?
5000 Post Club
Texas
Trying to streamline around here and wondering what others do. All clients are referrals, they aren't shopping.

1. Intro call, with or without Medicare 101. (Not everyone needs me, so we confirm the need, first. If not, they get added to the September check in list). This is usually 6-8 months prior to T65 date. 50-50 on if decision is made.
2. Medicare Enrollment Call, first week of IEP. 99% aren't taking SSA. I walk them through the online enrollment.
3. 6 weeks later, email with "did you get your card and please schedule a call to finalize enrollment".
4. IRMAA appeal call 4 weeks after card is received.

Any ideas on how to streamline?

Newsletter works for me. 12x per year. Information, not a sales pitch.

I use the Aug, Sep & Oct newsletter to highlight AEP.

But if they don't read the newsletter they call in February complaining their PDP costs went way up and want to change plans.

Newsletter works for me. 12x per year. Information, not a sales pitch.

I use the Aug, Sep & Oct newsletter to highlight AEP.

But if they don't read the newsletter they call in February complaining their PDP costs went way up and want to change plans.
You aren't reviewing their PDP's?

Only when asked.

I used to be proactive and then discovered . . .

I don't use that pharmacy any more
I stopped taking that drug 2 years ago
My dosage changed from X to X+
You forgot to add drug ABC
I haven't filled the drug in 3 years but it is still good
I can get it cheaper using GoodRx
I dropped my plan because I never used it

Probably a few more I missed, but you get the idea.

Trying to streamline around here and wondering what others do. All clients are referrals, they aren't shopping.

1. Intro call, with or without Medicare 101. (Not everyone needs me, so we confirm the need, first. If not, they get added to the September check in list). This is usually 6-8 months prior to T65 date. 50-50 on if decision is made.
2. Medicare Enrollment Call, first week of IEP. 99% aren't taking SSA. I walk them through the online enrollment.
3. 6 weeks later, email with "did you get your card and please schedule a call to finalize enrollment".

Re: #2

Send a detailed instruction email. You don't need to be on the phone with them for that. Sometimes you do but usually you do not.

Re: #4

See comments on #2 above.

The IRMAA form has several pages of instructions. They're high income. Tell them to fill out the form and reference the instructions. No need for you to be on the phone with them again

Re: #2

Send a detailed instruction email. You don't need to be on the phone with them for that. Sometimes you do but usually you do not.

Re: #4

See comments on #2 above.

The IRMAA form has several pages of instructions. They're high income. Tell them to fill out the form and reference the instructions. No need for you to be on the phone with them again

#1 & #3 are good. Not sure how to get out of those.

I think on some things we as agents maybe do too much or we are more helpful that we need to be. Sure, it's nice, but it's also a time loss.

I approach the "government" stuff as: Here is what to do. Here are some written tips. Here are the govt numbers to call for assistance. I'm also available...

I don't know if this makes any difference,

but,

unless something has changed, keep in mind there is a compensation difference on PDP's between you and S and you may be developing staff support for PDP review at a level S does not have.

I do more with email than you. With the email tips I send them I probably walk ~ 1% through the online Medicare application. The rest are able to do it on their own.

1. Intro call with Medicare 101. They get follow up email recapping our conversation plus their next steps to starting Medicare.

2. Email to take next step (apply for Medicare) This email has tips on completing application online and reminder to contact me when they receive MBI

3. similar email to yours about completing enrollment

4. Email recap including reminder to contact me about IRMAA notice with link to a guide about completing life changing event form

it's not really less steps but done using template emails instead of phone calls.

I also do monthly newsletters for current clients like @somarco

Using a good CRM with AI could help this, I think

Back