How many of your clients MAPD plans are being dropped?

kak6407

Expert
NC
For the agents here that have large MAPD books, how many of your clients are you having to find new coverage for this AEP because their plan will not be available in 2025. Personally the majority of my book is Medigap + PDP but what I do have in MAPD I am having to find new coverage for 40% of my Humana and about 15% of Aetna. I don't think Humana or Aetna are cross walking these to other plans....is this correct?

If these percentages are any indication of others I can't imagine someone that has 500+ with Humana if they had to replace 40% of theirs.

Just curious as what others are seeing?

2 total. The two I have on Cigna PPO.
Out of +1k that puts me at .2%.

That said, I am moving 25 of my Aetna PPO clients but their plan is still available. And I might haves to move several Florida Blue clients whose plan is still available as well.

50 ish total being axed between Humana and Aetna . But i have to potentially move 250 plus total Humana as the products collapsed . When you go from a $75 food card to zero and on dental $3k to $1k thats a collapse . All the guys on this bard are rock stars and are never affected by anything . What about there large united books that took dental to zero and they came out with a competing product in almost every mkt that has dental . I guess that doesn’t affect them . I know agencys that have to move 1500 Aetna

Sounds like you guys in Florida are business as usual. I only have 33 MAPD plans with Humana and 14 of those need replacing. 12/14 are their PPO so that tells you something there.

I am surprised @DonP your numbers aren't higher in being axed. I feel you though on having to shop the others.

For people losing coverage due to service area reduction - I know of 30 so far; 28 Aetna, 2 UHC. I haven't gone thru Humana's list yet but I don't think there will be a lot of SARs with them for me - but boy are they raising the Max OOPs on most of my book - some double.

Those 30 will be getting calls from me for sure.

I haven't 100% decided how aggressive to be with the higher MOOPs yet. In the past I usually have a "Passive AEP" mentality - i.e. I send them (a) a letter and (b) an e-mail and offer a review and put it in their court - I don't call them.

I know the 30 losing coverage - I'm calling and being very proactive.

The other 100+ where their Max OOP is going higher... not sure how to handle them - I'll probably do some extra reaching out but I really think those can be kept "passive" during AEP (since many will call in) then maybe get more aggressive during OEP.

Back