How Much Does a Bad Bounce Rate Hurt Your Rankings?

Totally agree with you josh on that last point. I also think google implies they are tracking things that they dont have the technology to track yet., although they are quickly catching up.

The reason why I asked was that Matt Cutts is a confirmed liar.

For some reason folks that use GA and are using BH techniques are more likely to get their sites banned than the ones that don't. I prefer to use statcounter or a hosted option. No reason to give Google more info than I have to.

Well if your using black hat techniques then sure I wouldn't report it either. But if you are trying to rank with Google why would you not do things to establish trust with them. Its like saying f*** the credit bureau because you have a bad credit score

Well if your using black hat techniques then sure I wouldn't report it either. But if you are trying to rank with Google why would you not do things to establish trust with them. Its like saying f*** the credit bureau because you have a bad credit score

That's a terrible analogy, it doesn't even make sense.

Have you checked your backlink profile lately? That's not exactly WH either.

If you dig Google analytics and want to use them then all the power to you, but Google has plenty of ways of figuring out information about my sites without me setting a place for them at the kitchen table.

it makes perfect sense. if you are going to participate in their system, why not do things to earn their trust. are you trying to rank your website on google? if you are, serp rankings are exactly like credit. it takes time and a history to establish authority and trust for your domain. can we at least agree that higher of both will usually affect your rankings in a positive way?

if google uses information from GA to punish web masters, it would also hypothetically also use the information to prioritize serp rankings. if both are true, then it would make sense to give some benefit or a higher priory to people that share their information with google because more is know about those sites making them "trusted". for example, the author picture in your serp ranking. this is googles way of certifying that the article is linked to the original author. you can not turn this on or off, google must determine that the source is trusted and will award the author with the picture.

so yes the better your credit the better your rankings.

but regardless of what tool you use, i originally stated i read somewhere that google doesnt use this data on the individual level.

Last edited by a moderator:
but regardless of what tool you use, i originally stated i read somewhere that google doesnt use this data on the individual level.

They don't track individual users, but the sites information absolutely.

Google FAQ

What does it mean to share my Google Analytics data anonymously with Google and others?

If you only choose the anonymous data sharing option, Google will remove all identifiable information about your website, then combine that data with hundreds of other anonymous sites in comparable industries and report them in an aggregate form. Google will use this anonymous data to improve products and services and provide you with a benchmarking report.

Will sharing my data directly affect the ranking of my natural search results, ad quality score or ad placement?

Your website data will not be used to affect your natural search results, ad quality score or ad placement. Aggregate data across many customers will be used to improve our products and services.

Latest posts

Back