How Much TOTAL Did You Spend Getting Your License?

Would you just start doing supps/term/FE? And not do MA/PDP or maybe do later after I get feet wet?

Since you have the savings to survive for a couple of years, I'd do Med Supps. A lot of FE guys are starting to transition to them because the renewals are better and they're tired of the Cat Piss Circuit.

With Med Supps, you get a more desirable clientele that can afford the premiums and there's better persistency. You also have more opportunity for cross selling, including FE.

The long term money's in Med Supps. The quick money's in FE(1st year commission), but like I said, since you don't have to worry about eating, you should lead with Med Supps.

MA/PDP has a lot of silly government rules you have to deal with. I did it the 1st 3 years they were out, then said f*ck this sh*t. I'd definitely wait until you got your feet wet...then add them later if you want. Don't try and learn too much at once.

Start with the Med Supps. Learn them (and Medicare), then add the FE.:yes:

Since you have the savings to survive for a couple of years, I'd do Med Supps. A lot of FE guys are starting to transition to them because the renewals are better and they're tired of the Cat Piss Circuit.

With Med Supps, you get a more desirable clientele that can afford the premiums and there's better persistency. You also have more opportunity for cross selling, including FE.

The long term money's in Med Supps. The quick money's in FE(1st year commission), but like I said, since you don't have to worry about eating, you should lead with Med Supps.

MA/PDP has a lot of silly government rules you have to deal with. I did it the 1st 3 years they were out, then said f*ck this sh*t. I'd definitely wait until you got your feet wet...then add them later if you want. Don't try and learn too much at once.

Start with the Med Supps. Learn them (and Medicare), then add the FE.:yes:

I appreciate the advice. Supps are where I want to work. MA/PDP from you and other places sounds like PITA. & do P&C for cyber I think. Saves me $52 if I can pass both lines at same time.

couple more projects to finish before I go gung ho on insurance. Almost grossed the amount I paid for my car Ubering. Ubering was gross last night had a puker. One more month should do it to recoup my money. Substitute teaching sucky deal but still want to do. Pays $100 a day pretax. Costs $255 to get licensed. hmmmm yay i get to deal with kids' BS for 3 days to make back what I paid. keep repeating good experience. & I might not like it enough to make it 1 day. Nothing like paying $255. Thought I was supposed to get paid to sub teach not pay to do it. hmmm

Want to get insurance going because college in town will do free marketing senior project if I can get enough insurance activity going by start of fall semester. Probably just waste some marketing money. Maybe all SEO/Internet only! No DM.

Last edited:
I appreciate the advice. Supps are where I want to work. MA/PDP from you and other places sounds like PITA. & do P&C for cyber I think. Saves me $52 if I can pass both lines at same time.

couple more projects to finish before I go gung ho on insurance. Almost grossed the amount I paid for my car Ubering. Ubering was gross last night had a puker. One more month should do it to recoup my money. Substitute teaching sucky deal but still want to do. Pays $100 a day pretax. Costs $255 to get licensed. hmmmm yay i get to deal with kids' BS for 3 days to make back what I paid. keep repeating good experience. & I might not like it enough to make it 1 day. Nothing like paying $255. Thought I was supposed to get paid to sub teach not pay to do it. hmmm

Want to get insurance going because college in town will do free marketing senior project if I can get enough insurance activity going by start of fall semester. Probably just waste some marketing money. Maybe all SEO/Internet only! No DM.

You don't know for sure what you want to do until you try different things, then you'll know what the right fit is.

What college?:err:

You don't know for sure what you want to do until you try different things, then you'll know what the right fit is.

What college?:err:

Bradley University. Always sending out cards asking businesses if they can do marketing plans. Free labor. Will they canvas an are DK a few. Lol probably not but maybe!

Back