How Safe is Goleads???

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
Ok, I know several forum members use the GoLeads business list.

How safe is this list?

I have noticed that it seems like several of the Sole Props I have called seem to be answering their home phones. (i.e. farmers)

What is my DNC liability with GoLeads?

Also, I noticed my new office phone only displays my number on the caller id. Do I need to change this to show my name as well?

What's funny is 5 minutes after posting this, one of my telemarketers received a complaint from a realtor saying his number was on the DNC.

She was calling off of GoLeads... She told the guy that he was listed as a business and that B2B calls are exempt...

....Another DNC complaint... maybe I shouldn't have posted this thread.. Bad luck!

Anyone else experience this calling businesses with 1-9 employees?

Goleads is supposed to be DNC compliant. I've used them a lot, never a complaint.

1 busines number we called today was a cell phone
1 was a home phone for a home based appraisal business

Do agents have liability here on the GoLeads business lists?
I have never had a complaint until today either...

1 busines number we called today was a cell phone
1 was a home phone for a home based appraisal business

Do agents have liability here on the GoLeads business lists?
I have never had a complaint until today either...

Yes, you're personally liable for the DNC regulations. Check out the TOS of goleads.com to read the fine print.

Just apologize, tell them you had them as a business listing, and then get off the phone. Take their name out of your database. I've only had one person go off the handle in 3 years, and he wasn't even a home business.

Just apologize, tell them you had them as a business listing, and then get off the phone. Take their name out of your database. I've only had one person go off the handle in 3 years, and he wasn't even a home business.

I think they were both old people. How often is the database scrubbed by GoLeads to verify that their records are all still businesses?

I had the telemarketer document the situation in the CRM provided by GoLeads, so if there was ever a formal complaint, I think we'd have a leg to stand on.

The DNC is a pain the ass... I remember when I started in the business the only thing to worry about was the state DNC and insurance agents were exempt!! I remember guys that would literally just call out of the phone book from the hotel room. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen!

Ok, so I just realized that my Vonage business plan just displays my phone number on my outbound caller ID as well. Is that compliant with the DNC-researching info on the DNC is about as tricky as staying compliant.

What about telemarketers that are contractors? Do they have to have you business name displayed on their caller ID?

Back