How to Avoid an E&O Claim

AverageJoe

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I've read many post on here on the importance of documentation when dealing with anyone over the issue of insurance especially clients to avoid confusion come time for a claim, but my question to you is how do you document all your conversations. is there a software you use? are they're recordings for phones? if so, what program do you use?

Basically, if you could describe your process of documentation and the tools needed to ensure there is no misunderstanding with your clients, carriers, wholesalers, etc. how would you? and what do you use to help you?

Thanks in advance, as this is not an immediate issue, but something that I need to look into going independent and definitely a topic and much needed information for insurance agents/agencies all over the nation.

you had to post this twice huh?

Looking for different answers?

you had to post this twice huh?

Looking for different answers?

lol No, but i did notice that more people are on the general discussion then this one, but if people want to write on here, i will be checking both, and its beneficial for anyone looking on here too

I document all conversations with both clients and prospects in the comment box. Every entry I make is automatically date/time stamped.

There have been two occasions where being able to print those comments have pretty much saved my butt.

I document all conversations with both clients and prospects in the comment box. Every entry I make is automatically date/time stamped.

There have been two occasions where being able to print those comments have pretty much saved my butt.

what agency management system do you use?

You get three guesses and the first two don't count. :D

I developed "Your Insurance Office". There is a link at the bottom of my post.

lol, thats great. I actually have seen your website on a post by crabcake johnny. Regarding the necessities for an insurance agency and he gave your link, that is how i remember it.

Watch out for those little red flags. Most of the time, they will be there when something is going to go wrong or get your in trouble.

There will be some business that you should just turn down.

This will help you avoid E and O Claims or get in trouble.

Back