How to Become a Non Captive Agent?

I need help. I am a captive agent with NAAleads. I want to leave and write with another IMO. Can someone help me?

Call any IMO you like. Tell them which companies you have tied up with NAA. They will help you select a good group of companies that you don't have tied up.

Get appointed and start selling.

Cancel your NAA contracts. Wait six months and reappoint any of those companies that you liked. Some companies will even let you re-appoint after six months of no production.

What do you mean? Only some companies will let me recontract with them? Why won't all of them let me?

It's kind of like a no compete clause, I guess. The companies you are currently selling, you have to have your contracts with them "released" from NAA to turn around and sell them with a different upline. So, if they don't release your contracts, then you will have to sell other companies instead.

After 6 months of no production with the companies you had through NAA, you an get appointed with them (most of the time).

What do you mean? Only some companies will let me recontract with them? Why won't all of them let me?

You sold your soul to NAA. They won't release you.

----------

Be extra careful where you contract with Foresters next. They only allow three moves per lifetime.

If your question is won't they all let you move after six months of non production; most will but not all. I know Oxford, Christian Fidelity, and 5-Star require you to wait six months after you cancel your contract. You could go 2-years of non production but would still have to cancel and then wait six more months. Probably a few more that way that I'm not remembering.

That part is actually not in the contract.

They must have changed it, I read one a few weeks ago and it definitely had the non-compete language in it. I could be wrong but I'm thinking it said 2 years. I threw it in the trash. I also recall, any website, patent, copyright, trademark, or any other idea you create while under contract becomes their property. FOREVER. It was a dozen pages of you signing over your soul.

They must have changed it, I read one a few weeks ago and it definitely had the non-compete language in it. I could be wrong but I'm thinking it said 2 years. I threw it in the trash. I also recall, any website, patent, copyright, trademark, or any other idea you create while under contract becomes their property. FOREVER. It was a dozen pages of you signing over your soul.

Most likely you are talking about an agency's contract not an insurance company's contract.

The insurance companies don't disclose to the agents their terms to move the contract from one IMO to another. It's basically an agreement between the insurance company and the IMO.

Back