Should a top captive agent switch to IFG?

Roto

I've been making some nice money 200+ as a captive agent at (insert mapd company here) but I also work crazy hours. There are a couple weeks during aep that I'm right at 100 hours and I realize I can't do that forever. I don't know much about IFG and the idea of eventually starting an agency sounds interesting, but grass is always greener on the other side. Any tips and insight would be helpful, thank you.

There is no wrong or right answer. Just interview them, and make sure that you are covering everything that is important to you. Make make sure you are paid directly from the companies and never never never assign commissions to anyone. Make sure that they will release you if you decide to leave. Make sure that if you recruit agents that you are recruiting and selecting your downline agents and not accepting your up line to give you the ones that he doesn’t want. And always get all of your commission levels in print (never verbal) before signing up.
If all that checks out, go for it!

I've been making some nice money 200+ as a captive agent at (insert mapd company here) but I also work crazy hours. There are a couple weeks during aep that I'm right at 100 hours and I realize I can't do that forever. I don't know much about IFG and the idea of eventually starting an agency sounds interesting, but grass is always greener on the other side. Any tips and insight would be helpful, thank you.

lol . 100 hrs ????!!! That’s 15 hrs a day 7 days a week . That’s 9am to 12 pm 7 days a week . I call some bs there . As a captive agent your given a lot of free stuff like leads . Also forget the recruiting. That’s gone for the most part in 2025 . Overrides won’t be allowed .

lol . 100 hrs ????!!! That’s 15 hrs a day 7 days a week . That’s 9am to 12 pm 7 days a week . I call some bs there . As a captive agent your given a lot of free stuff like leads . Also forget the recruiting. That’s gone for the most part in 2025 . Overrides won’t be allowed .

Thought the same thing. My first thought was: "this guy can't count. He probably Benches 350 too."

Lol yes there are a couple weeks I don’t have much sleep. Usually it’s 80+ but yes some it pushes to 100, 5am-10pm. Regardless, I am looking for tips and insight on switching to being a independent contractor with IFG and seeing if it’s worth it.

Lol yes there are a couple weeks I don’t have much sleep. Usually it’s 80+ but yes some it pushes to 100, 5am-10pm. Regardless, I am looking for tips and insight on switching to being a independent contractor with IFG and seeing if it’s worth it.

I’m assuming being captive you lose your book of business if you leave ?The $200 k you make I’m assuming is net ? In 2025 with probably no more marketing money it will take you 3-5 yrs to get to $200 k net working your ass off .All this is in an uncertain next few yrs in Medicare . Are you telesales ? I don’t think I’d leave a $200 k net job looking out at the future . The future will be tougher wether lower comp , no overrides , no marketing money .

If you are good in sales and willing to work 15 hours a day, just sell final expense and make 20k a month assuming you have average sales skills. You can make more overtime but most people burn out. Learning curve would be short for you as you are used to dealing with seniors. You can also build an independent medicare business but that will mean an income drop for you for several years. This is usually the issue with captive contracts. They train you at the beginning but then you get stuck working a lot if you are successful. You are not the only captive successful insurance agent to face this issue. Most choose to stay where they are. Its difficult to give up comfortable zone.

actually, 9am-12pm is only 21 hours a week, so we have 2 guys that cant count.. LOL, just joking

Would there be a way for you to possibly hire some temp help to assist during those extremely busy times?

Back