How to Define Non-competing After Leaving Current Company?

Some time back this was my experience. I was knockiing out approx 6-10 of my previous co.'s policies, for weeks in a row. They sent a lawyer and co. exec down to my state to "get me.' so my previous friends told me. They went back to the home office and I kept going. Waited and waited for that letter from DOI. Never has arrived. That was life insurance, if it matters, I don't know. Few policyowners told me about it too.

Some time back this was my experience. I was knockiing out approx 6-10 of my previous co.'s policies, for weeks in a row. They sent a lawyer and co. exec down to my state to "get me.' so my previous friends told me. They went back to the home office and I kept going. Waited and waited for that letter from DOI. Never has arrived. That was life insurance, if it matters, I don't know. Few policyowners told me about it too.

The DOI doesn't care about non-competes, only the previous company. I'm surprised you didn't get a cease and desist, followed by a visit from a process server. They must have felt their non-solicit/non-compete was extremely weak or that they couldn't find the one you signed.

Back