How to Get Loss Runs when Prospect Doesn't Have Previous Policy #?

sam816

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have a prospect that is shopping for a BOP policy, he had a liability claim (slip and fall) of about $2k in 2012 when he was insured by Travelers. He is currently with a different carrier and can't find the previous Travelers policy #. Will Travelers (or other carriers in similar situation) provide loss runs if we send in a request without policy #?

TIA.

I have a prospect that is shopping for a BOP policy, he had a liability claim (slip and fall) of about $2k in 2012 when he was insured by Travelers. He is currently with a different carrier and can't find the previous Travelers policy #. Will Travelers (or other carriers in similar situation) provide loss runs if we send in a request without policy #? TIA.

I would just have the insured call and they can verify his info over the phone.

2nd what NYC said. Have him call the agency or Travelers directly and request the loss runs. I would have him get the policy number as well and sign a request for loss runs just in case so you can fax in future if needed.

I have a pre typed "loss run request" form that I give to clients. It allows them to fill in their FEIN #, Employer name and the policy year they are looking to request the loss runs for. Have them throw it on their letterhead and fax/mail this to the carrier. You could call, but I like to keep track of my mailings/response time. By law, they have x amount of days to send them back out to the client.

Back