How to insure a coal broker???

Yeah, he already received a quote for around 30K, but he wanted to give me a chance to match it... I hope I can find somebody.

Haha! He is family. No rapport necessary. I do want to make sure it is the right coverage, though.

I would think the trainset rental and coal are well in the 6 or 7 figures. So 30k for the one time run doesn't seem out of line to me off hand.

I would think the trainset rental and coal are well in the 6 or 7 figures. So 30k for the one time run doesn't seem out of line to me off hand.
Agreed. He is looking to make some money off this, and the 30K for insurance wouldn't completely kill his profit.

Just an update. This requires liability plus $50,000 on physical damage on each car ($5.5MM). I am working with 3 brokers to place this. I'll update again when I know more.

Another update. I have quotes for both liability and inland marine. The liability alone is just under $30,000. The property is $49,000. The applicant didn't run away when I gave him the premiums. Hope to close this next week. That'll be a good start to 2018!

Another update. I have quotes for both liability and inland marine. The liability alone is just under $30,000. The property is $49,000. The applicant didn't run away when I gave him the premiums. Hope to close this next week. That'll be a good start to 2018!

Good luck, should be a good one. Plus if he continues to broker coal or can introduce you to others that do, you may have found yourself a profitable niche.

Back