How would universal health care affect agents?

Under Obama's plan - planning a family? Get nothing - then simply wait until you get pregnant - pick up your "GI, can't exclude pre-ex" plan - have the kid, drop the plan.

We'll only BK the entire health system in about a year.

As Ive said the stump is one thing...in office is another

The reason is that once in office the "powers that be" tell the President what he is allowed to do and tell him what he cannot do.

Too many office holders have mentioned this "shadow govt" for it not to exist from Eisenhower in his fairwell address to today

One of the ways they may pay for it is to make health insurance mandatory. That rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but anything else will not work. Without a pool of relatively healthy people the cost of insuring the rest of us will be astronomical.

Young and very healthy people do not want mandatory health insurance, but that is the direction we are headed. It is no longer a philosophical question, it is a matter of when and how universal healthcare will be instituted. Old people, poor people, veterans, government workers and employees of larger companies already have health insurance. Independent businesses, folks who fall through the cracks, young people, and chronically ill who are unable to buy insurance through a group are the ones who will be covered by whatever form of universal healthcare we are force fed.

I am in favor of creating large groups or merging those of us who are in a position to pay for insurance but don't fall into a traditional employer/group plan. Merge us into a large group like the federal workers and all of the sudden we can buy insurance at a fair market rate. Make it mandatory and the large number of uninsured healthy people will offset the cost of the less healthy, just like any major group already experiences.

Will it work? As long as the government can print money and inflation doesn't devalue our currency to the point it takes a wheelbarrow of it to buy simple necessities it will work. The projected costs are well below the welfare/bailout we just handed out to the corporation and pork barrel recipients, and are less than we spend to fight for the democracy of unfriendly foreign countries.

The opportunities for agents will evolve. They can't provide the current versions of universal healthcare without us, like Medicare, so there is no reason to believe we will all the sudden not be a part of the picture when the 'new' universal healthcare comes along.

Let's face it, many of us make far more than the average GP out there and guess what our E&O is compared to malpractice?

You'd see the doctor industry go the same as the mortgage industry, and all of a sudden, a whole lotta doctors would be selling insurance!

One of the ways they may pay for it is to make health insurance mandatory. That rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but anything else will not work. Without a pool of relatively healthy people the cost of insuring the rest of us will be astronomical.

Young and very healthy people do not want mandatory health insurance, but that is the direction we are headed. It is no longer a philosophical question, it is a matter of when and how universal healthcare will be instituted. Old people, poor people, veterans, government workers and employees of larger companies already have health insurance. Independent businesses, folks who fall through the cracks, young people, and chronically ill who are unable to buy insurance through a group are the ones who will be covered by whatever form of universal healthcare we are force fed.

I am in favor of creating large groups or merging those of us who are in a position to pay for insurance but don't fall into a traditional employer/group plan. Merge us into a large group like the federal workers and all of the sudden we can buy insurance at a fair market rate. Make it mandatory and the large number of uninsured healthy people will offset the cost of the less healthy, just like any major group already experiences.

Will it work? As long as the government can print money and inflation doesn't devalue our currency to the point it takes a wheelbarrow of it to buy simple necessities it will work. The projected costs are well below the welfare/bailout we just handed out to the corporation and pork barrel recipients, and are less than we spend to fight for the democracy of unfriendly foreign countries.

The opportunities for agents will evolve. They can't provide the current versions of universal healthcare without us, like Medicare, so there is no reason to believe we will all the sudden not be a part of the picture when the 'new' universal healthcare comes along.

I agree it is inevitable but thankfully will take years to implement and by then I'll have redesigned my business so health insurance isnt such a key component of my business.

I guess at my core I'm a Darwinian. People should be given the opportunity to help themselves and if they choose not to then so be it.

I do not believe the more fit should have to pick up the slack for the less fit.

I believe if you are poor and it isnt temporary it is your fault not the rich

I believe if you are fat and cant lose weight it is your fault not mcdonalds

I believe if you are ignorant and choose to remain so it is your fault.

I believe that if you get addicted to drugs you should not expect government to bail you out.

I dont support this bailout nor do I support government universal anything because it dampens the ambition of everyone. People should take responsibility, accept profit or loss and they should realize life isnt fair you get what you go after you cant wait till it comes to you.

It isn't that I don't agree with all or at least most of what you are saying, I just think it is inevitable and am speculating what form it may take. Unfortunately the minority opinion doesn't count, and it appears to me some form of Universal Healthcare will be enacted within the next 4 years.

I guess at my core I'm a Darwinian. People should be given the opportunity to help themselves and if they choose not to then so be it.

I do not believe the more fit should have to pick up the slack for the less fit.

I believe if you are poor and it isnt temporary it is your fault not the rich

I believe if you are fat and cant lose weight it is your fault not mcdonalds

I believe if you are ignorant and choose to remain so it is your fault.

I believe that if you get addicted to drugs you should not expect government to bail you out.

I dont support this bailout nor do I support government universal anything because it dampens the ambition of everyone. People should take responsibility, accept profit or loss and they should realize life isnt fair you get what you go after you cant wait till it comes to you.
I'm so happy to read what other libertarians post.

Rick

Back