How Would You Handle This?

Why not contact the agent about the great products you offer? I'm sure he could use them in his portfolio.

It's funny how when you run out of things to say you resort to pointless remarks about me. I can do the same about you but the reality is you know nothing about me and luckily I know nothing about you.

I make a living by helping people secure their financial future from risks, many times I do that by replacing other agents policies that either lied or were simply wrong for that specific situation.

It's unfair for the agent that I had an easy way to get to his client yes, all of you think that it could happen to you/me as well. That's true, that's why we need to make sure to keep the clients best interests when we suggest a product.

My polices rarely get replaced, when they do, I only blame it on myself for not doing a good job with that case.

I only suggested approaching the client because there is a strong chance they were misled.

Had one of you seen such a policy within its first years you'd wish you could fix the situation without having the client pay a high charge.

I can see why my words can seem biased but isn't doing what best for the client is the ethical thing? I didn't suggest lies to make her cancel, my intention is to inform her of the risk involved with her decision and if she expressed a concern then to show a solution.

It's clearly an agents forum because everyone are concerned to do the right thing by the agent even though the possible victim is the client, that agent got his commission, why should he care what could happen to hers in 10 years....

It's not to late to realize your working to help people not supporting agents who hurt them.

In all seriousness, you keep talking about how the other agent misled and possibly lied her. In other words, you're saying he's dishonest.

Let's see, you opened his mail and are going to mislead his client about how you came to talk to her. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black?:skeptical:

It's funny how when you run out of things to say you resort to pointless remarks about me. I can do the same about you but the reality is you know nothing about me and luckily I know nothing about you.

You either don't know how to quote or you are getting offended by really odd remarks...

I haven't begun to run out of things to say about you, but I think you were referring to someone else.

If your goal was really to get the client the best deal vs get your own big commission you could have reached out to the agent about a better product vs trying to steal it from them. The reality is that what you should do is absolutely nothing since you've already most likely committed a felony. You could probably kill two birds with one stone by getting the letter to the agent saying that you mistakenly opened it and point out you were surprised to get mail from Phoenix because you write XYZ company because of blah blah blah. Ultimately that sounds like the truth.

Beyond what you've written here I don't know anything about you. You on the other hand could have an easy time figuring out who I am. If it gets tricky, you can email me ([email protected]) or give me a call at 888.905.3282.

I think an honest mistake resulted in the chance at you making enough money to cloud your judgement and you've hopefully circled back to reason. That said, I do think you were referring to SAI, not me.

You either don't know how to quote or you are getting offended by really odd remarks...

By making a sarcastic commend about my "unique" portfolio you attempted to insult me in your own special way.

I didn't say the agent lie, I was assuming a very likely assumption that he didn't share important information with the client given the facts in my hands.

I didn't want to lie to the client about how this came to my knowledge hence the purpose of this post. I know how to door knock last time I checked.

Since there's isn't a simple legal way for me to find out what the agent told her, I'm just going to provide her with the information without making contact. After she read it, she can decide what to do next.

So much unnecessary hostility.

Was the mail addressed to you? If not, you would be committing a felony, mail fraud. While it is a white collar crime, that is pretty much the end of your insurance career.

If it was, then you certainly could go replace it. Although I'm not sure what I would think if I were the client and approached in this situation.

He indicated in his first post that the policies were recently issued, and obviously the data sheets were intended for the writing agent, so what gives him the right to replace it, even if it were mistakenly addressed to him?

He indicated in his first post that the policies were recently issued, and obviously the data sheets were intended for the writing agent, so what gives him the right to replace it, even if it were mistakenly addressed to him?

It is possible the home office messed up and put information intended for the other agent in mail addressed to him. However, I doubt that. I suspect he just opened mail addressed to the other agent.

FYI, it isn't illegal to open the mail if it was delivered to him. It is illegal for him not to inform the post office so they can properly deliver it. Normally, I doubt anyone would ever know. But, he is about to put a big spotlight on himself.

Put yourself in the shoes of the client. Some agent calls you out of the blue and knows you recently bought an annuity. He then wants to talk to you about he can do better. Aren't you going to be the least bit freaked out over this? Were it me, I might well be calling the police and an attorney.

I do not see this ending well if any attempt is made to contact the client over this. You could easily get sued by both the client and the insurance company. I seriously doubt your E&O will protect you in this.

It is possible the home office messed up and put information intended for the other agent in mail addressed to him. However, I doubt that. I suspect he just opened mail addressed to the other agent. FYI, it isn't illegal to open the mail if it was delivered to him. It is illegal for him not to inform the post office so they can properly deliver it. Normally, I doubt anyone would ever know. But, he is about to put a big spotlight on himself. Put yourself in the shoes of the client. Some agent calls you out of the blue and knows you recently bought an annuity. He then wants to talk to you about he can do better. Aren't you going to be the least bit freaked out over this? Were it me, I might well be calling the police and an attorney. I do not see this ending well if any attempt is made to contact the client over this. You could easily get sued by both the client and the insurance company. I seriously doubt your E&O will protect you in this.

Did you miss the part when I said I realize all of that and I won't be approaching the client about this because it's too risky for me...

Funny how everyone are clearly on the agent side and not the consumer, I honestly thought agents here can realize the client was possibly put in a high risk scenario without their knowledge. I was clearly wrong.

No need to continue this pointless back and forth discussion.

Back