Howdy from Austin!

How would you identify yourself?

• Rookie

• Veteran

• Builder / Leader

Results are only viewable after voting.

dcoffline

Austin
I started my career in sales in 1994 as a door-to-door “bookman” to work my way through college. I've been selling Family Heritage (now a division of Globe Life) products since 2002, offering refundable Cancer, Heart Hospitalization, Accident and Life coverage to individuals and businesses.

I work on mentoring agents into trainers, team leaders, and eventually into agency owners themselves if that's what they want - both at Globe Life and also at other companies and organizations.

I'm curious - are the majority of people on here brand new in the business or veteran agents? Are you here to improve your own sales/service skills or here to build and be a better leader? No right/wrong answers - want to get a handle on the tribe here.

I started my career in sales in 1994 as a door-to-door “bookman” to work my way through college. I've been selling Family Heritage (now a division of Globe Life) products since 2002, offering refundable Cancer, Heart Hospitalization, Accident and Life coverage to individuals and businesses.

I work on mentoring agents into trainers, team leaders, and eventually into agency owners themselves if that's what they want - both at Globe Life and also at other companies and organizations.

I'm curious - are the majority of people on here brand new in the business or veteran agents? Are you here to improve your own sales/service skills or here to build and be a better leader? No right/wrong answers - want to get a handle on the tribe here.
It sounds a bit like you're advertising yourself.

Howdy from McKinney! I actually live in the neighborhood across the main road from the Globe Life HO. Close enough to throw rocks at them! ;)

There are some of all of the above here. I’m an independent agent but I worked in a captive environment for many years. The number one thing I enjoyed about being captive was the camaraderie in the office. As an independent I’m mainly all alone. So I enjoy getting on here and trading tips and war stories, keeping up on industry news, etc.

It sounds a bit like you're advertising yourself.
Yeah, you want to be careful about pitching on here. There’s a forum for offers, but don’t advertise outside of there. The best way to promote yourself is to enter conversations with valuable input. You’ll get raked over the coals by the regulars if a post sounds like a pitch. Plus you could get banned from the forum. Otherwise it’s a pretty fun tribe, and you’re welcome aboard!

Yes, you are deftly attempting to skirt the forum's rigorous vetting (hazing?) process. But it's a piece of cake these days as many of the hard asses (JD, Galt, Gooner, etc.) don't post anymore. I'm like Shonceman while others are building their downlines.
You sound smart and have a lot of experience. And you can recruit! But like Shonce said, there's a way to do it.:cool:

Yeah, you want to be careful about pitching on here. There’s a forum for offers, but don’t advertise outside of there. The best way to promote yourself is to enter conversations with valuable input. You’ll get raked over the coals by the regulars if a post sounds like a pitch. Plus you could get banned from the forum. Otherwise it’s a pretty fun tribe, and you’re welcome aboard!
His post is more of an introduction that spam. How can you introduce yourself and let people know who you are without telling what you do. He did not ask anyone to contact him. I would like to see folks answer his question.

I guess I am new to the business... started in 1971 and at times it seems I have one years experience repeated 48 times. I came here mostly for the camaraderie... As a non agency building independent it can be a bit lonely when it comes to the business. I certainly learn new things here and other times have my memory refreshed (at my age I have forgotten a lot). Have no desire to lead or build an agency,.. been there done that. Welcome to the group.

His post is more of an introduction than spam. How can you introduce yourself and let people know who you are without telling what you do. He did not ask anyone to contact him. I would like to see folks answer his question.
That’s what it looks like to me, too. Maybe because he started the thread with a survey, it might look a little spam-ish. I actually don’t mind the occasional recruitment spiel (like the way Greg @theinsuranceman does sometimes for SL). But you know there are some regulars who are a little more sensitive to it.

That’s what it looks like to me, too. Maybe because he started the thread with a survey, it might look a little spam-ish. I actually don’t mind the occasional recruitment spiel (like the way Greg does sometimes for SL). But you know there are some regulars who are a little more sensitive to it.
There are "safe" places for them... :laugh:

Back