HRA

Thanks, indeed! This link confirms what I have been told, i.e., HRAs are more to the employer's benefit (tax deductions, employee retention) than are HSAs, where the employee can quit and take the plan with him.

Last edited:
Thanks, indeed! This link confirms what I have been told, i.e., HRAs are more to the employer's benefit (tax deductions, employee retention) than are HSAs, where the employee can quit and take the plan with him.

There's one significant benefit to the employee that you neglected to mention; they receive the reimbursement tax-free.

HIU#1;36378 Since the HSA is personally owned said:
so it makes sense for an employer to deposit in monthly increments to the savings account since there is no recourse for the employer to get any of the money back if he pre-funds the savings[/B] account and the employee leaves. The savings account is as much theirs as is their checking or regular savings account is.
:yes:
I just ran across this thread today. I believe that what HIU#1 intended to say is, "...so it makes sense for an employee to deposit in monthy increments to the savings accouint since there is no recourse for the employer to get any of the money back if he prefunds the savings account and the employee leaves..."

Somarco, the link you gave in your 10/03/07 post (#2) relates to Federal employees only----not the private sector. BTW, I think Linda Lovelace has departed this mortal coil.

Back