HSA Choice Link & Should Client Transfer from Existing HSA to Lower Fee Custodian?

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
Someone posted a link to a list of HSA sponsor banks, would you please show that again. I missed bookmarking it, and can't find it here now. Thanks!

Just showed a planner some HSA options. Is on non HSA compatible Silver plan, but had HSA before, still well funded into 5 figures.

They are going back on HDHP, considering moving HSA money to a lower cost HSA custodian. After calculating cost of drugs that would have been covered under copays, they still come out ahead.

Back in the day, all we did was MSA and then HSA business. Altogether we had a few thousand insured clients and ended up recommending HSABank almost exclusively. At one point, they were very agent friendly then become not so friendly at all (to agents), which is to say their referral fee program dried up considerably.

That being said, it always was refreshing to know that clients could call up HSABank and get solid answers regarding their account options.

By contrast, way too often, "bankers" are clueless (about money)*. That's a serious statement by the way, but the point I really was making is that people often opt for the "cheapest" option, then call up with questions about HSA's only to find that nobody at that "cheap" bank knows anything at all about HSA's.

So pick your HSA vendor wisely. Do not just focus on the cost of the account. :biggrin:

*What does it take to be a "banker" anyway? My "banker" has a degree in zoology. What about yours?

Last edited:
Back