Humana Accelerates Commitment to Helping Seniors Choose Right Health Plan, Announces Minority Investment in Healthpilot

Duaine

Guru
1000 Post Club
LOUISVILLE, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Leading health and well-being company Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), through its payor-agnostic insurance brokerage business, today announced a minority investment in Healthpilot, a company pioneering the development of a personalized and simpler digital enrollment experience for seniors exploring their Medicare options. The financial investment by Humana supports both companies’ visions to create a more efficient, transparent, and consumer-centric healthcare ecosystem. Following Humana’s minority investment, Healthpilot will remain payor-agnostic, providing consumer-specific recommendations for beneficiaries to enroll in the right health plan for their specific healthcare profile. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Healthpilot’s proprietary AI-powered model was developed based on the academic research of Healthpilot co-founder Dr. Jonathan Kolstad, PhD and features an online enrollment platform that provides Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement and prescription drug plan (PDP) recommendations based on beneficiaries’ unique healthcare situations. Using a digitally native platform, it leverages enrollee information such as their personal health profile, choices for physicians, prescription drug utilization and cost preferences, and then matches prospective enrollees with the optimal choices available for their Medicare plan needs. Most applications are submitted without a consumer requiring assistance from a Healthpilot customer support representative.
[EXTERNAL LINK] - Humana Accelerates Commitment to Helping Seniors Choose Right Health Plan, Announces Minority Investment in Healthpilot

Most people don't even know when and who to call to enroll in Parts A and B, let alone navigating to an insurers digital platform, providing tons of information, selecting their own supplemental plan, and submitting their own application, even with the "help" of ai.

Most people I encounter when going on Medicare are confused as all hell, even about the very basics, and that's completely understandable. But I thank Humana for the head's up on their ai direction.

Another carrier crossed off my list of companies I'll direct clients to. And I'll be letting the area managers know why. I encourage everyone to do the same.

I'm so tired of hearing about "ai" everywhere in life. I go completely out of my way to avoid businesses that use it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back