Christian Ministry for seniors plan

I’m pretty sure she has to take part B. I don’t think they’ll offer her the same plan once she’s 65. Medicare is primary and their plan is secondary. Claim coverage isn’t guaranteed and they are foolish if they get that coverage instead of a Medigap plan.

A couple of months ago I had my first phone call with a lady who was adamant about choosing that coverage over a Medigap. I told her why I don’t recommend it and left it at that. I took my notes to CYA, and moved on to the next one.

Creditable coverage is not a thing for non group plans that I know of. When you’re new to medicare you hace 6 months to get a medigap without underwriting unless you are leaving employer group coverage, or a few other GI situations.
Having other coverage doesn’t get you GI.
You're correct. She'll be auto drafted for part B come her b day in Sept. cause she has been claiming SS since age 62. I agree, and not just for the comp., that she should take a plan G over that BillyGrahamBonanza ... the current price of her plan is within a couple a dollars of said plan G ... but what about down the road? All she has to gain is being shut out of a supplement down the road due to medical issue(s) ... she can always go back and get a WaterWalker ... not so with a supp ... REALLY want to see a benefits schedule if anybody has one. She's paying 117 a month in Ohio at age 64 ...

Not to get to far in the weeds and answer the question:

You can treat the GodPlan like it doesn't exist.

If she doesn't take Part B, she will expose her self to the same penalties and risks that anyone without creditable coverage does.

If the question is about the specific GodPlan, it depends. From what I have read on their websites, they do not cover pre existing conditions, they do not coordinate with actual insurance and they may or may not pay out depending on how the spirit moves them and how generous the dopes filling their coffers are.
These people [EXTERNAL LINK] - Christian Healthcare Ministry Official Site | Save up to 50%

They do not coordinate with Medicare?
They do not. What's important to remember is that none of these are considered insurance. I'm not saying that with any type of sarcasm or opinion. This is basically a membership to a group that may or may not pay your out of pocket costs.

If your client falls and breaks a hip and their out of pocket cost is $10k. They go and ask for a $10k reimbursement for their out of pocket costs.

For some of them, you are asking the other members to donate to your specific need and are expected to donate to others.

They also will not reimburse for any non-biblical procedure (cosmetic surgery, birth control, gender stuff, etc)

Just Google Christian Health plans being sued and send that to your client. Pages of it.

In November 2023, Craig Anthony Reynolds, the founder of a Christian health care sharing ministry in St. Joseph, Missouri, pleaded guilty to defrauding hundreds of members with an $8 million wire fraud conspiracy. He also pleaded guilty to making false statements on his personal tax return.

Just Google Christian Health plans being sued and send that to your client. Pages of it.

In November 2023, Craig Anthony Reynolds, the founder of a Christian health care sharing ministry in St. Joseph, Missouri, pleaded guilty to defrauding hundreds of members with an $8 million wire fraud conspiracy. He also pleaded guilty to making false statements on his personal tax return.

So Christ-Like

Not a good idea whatsoever. It’s basically like verbally telling someone “don’t worry I got you” if they get really sick. Tons of people have been burned BADLY on these plans. They’re not binding insurance contracts. It’s not insurance. And not everyone that claims to be “Christian” actually is. In fact, a lot of them.

Last edited:
I run into that crap every once in a while. Artificially god flavored non-insurance product. Kind of like that weird not ice cream at the grocery store.

sort of like the insurance equivalent of a amish barn raising just no guarantee that Jedidiah and Elijah will show up to help

Again with the Nazi spell check ... I'm on a high protein low fat (it's work'n but it's a bit head rushy) and who gives a "flip" anyways ... look, if I follow this, there are 2 points of concern ... what is excluded or limited compared to say a plan G with it's 240 dollar deductible ... (she's had cataract and hip surgery under it) her VaticanSpecial has a zero deductible so if things got REAL expensive what would not be paid for? And I think we established the U/W requirement 6 mos. after age 65. one last thing ... anybody have a benefit schedule on one of these holy rollers ..?
Caveat, I am not an agent.

YOU need to OBTAIN the SPECIFIC LITERATURE for the plan your client has , either from the client or the plan's website and review it for yourself.

I don't believe these plans are standardized like Medigap. I suspect you will find agents here who have clients that have had good experiences with those type of plans and I suspect you can find agents who have clients that have horror stories about using those plans.

My personal, non-agent, non-attorney, opinion would be if you actually recommend someone stay on one of those (not real Medical Insurance plans VS [Original Medicare + Medigap + PDP] or [Part C (plus whatever else is appropriate there)], you will just be providing your client with someone else to sue when she has a serious health issue which is not covered the way she expects it to be.

I am not a fan of Part C but it seems to me that in today's world she would be better off with a Zero dollar premium MAPD than the christian coverage. I don't understand all the next year MAPD issues so I don't know if that would hold true in 2025 as well.

Back