• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Humana and CVS are downsizing their Medicare Advantage plans for 2025. Which insurers could benefit?

Don P is just desperate for shit to hit the fan at this point
The hell i do . I hope all stays the same and i don’t have to move 1 person . I’ve not moved more than 10% of my book in any 12 month period . I love stability . Just like when my United renewals hit on Monday . It’s heaven getting those renewals month in month out without having to do anything . If I’m forced to move 50% of my book this aep its a nightmare . Regardless of the benefits CO’s have the part d is the issue for 2025

The hell i do . I hope all stays the same and i don’t have to move 1 person . I’ve not moved more than 10% of my book in any 12 month period . I love stability . Just like when my United renewals hit on Monday . It’s heaven getting those renewals month in month out without having to do anything . If I’m forced to move 50% of my book this aep its a nightmare . Regardless of the benefits CO’s have the part d is the issue for 2025

You need to acknowledge the past 4 years have been unique
the stability you felt is abnormal

MA plans change, The change benefits they change networks
They have good runs and then change often happens and they do not usually inform you specifically

I just had one I had the husband on a med supp and the wife on humana gold for 5 years, And this AEP his premium was so high he wanted to go on MA plan

but he said his wifes copays went up so much

after looking there was now 2 Humana gold plans in her area, her plan had super high copays now and the new plan had the copays she started with

That is the MA life, get used to it,

there is no better, the are Issues and changes no matter which way you go

Cigna is probably creating attractive plans to keep or increase ownership before sale to hcsc is final. Gotta make a pig look cute
_______
Yes, in January 2024, Cigna announced an agreement to sell its Medicare Advantage business to Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC) for $3.7 billion. The deal also includes Cigna's Medicare Part D, Cigna Supplemental Benefits, and CareAllies businesses. The sale is expected to close in the first quarter of 2025, pending regulatory approval and other conditions.

I read that Cigna email. Says nothing about copays, premiums, max out of pocket. Too generalized to read anything in to it.

YAgents said:

Cigna is probably creating attractive plans to keep or increase ownership before sale to hcsc is final. Gotta make a pig look cute.

AEP 2025

HCSC 6.18.24 (contract will be needed for Cigna MA)

Looks like we're contracting to the new owner for 2025.

I read that Cigna email. Says nothing about copays, premiums, max out of pocket. Too generalized to read anything in to it.
As i told Vic. They said jack crap in that email. All they said is duals have more choices to shop and all the plans will have dental . Lol . So what. if the dental drops from $2000 to $500 and food cards fall 50% , copays go from $0 to $30 etc its junk plan

YAgents said:

Cigna is probably creating attractive plans to keep or increase ownership before sale to hcsc is final. Gotta make a pig look cute.

AEP 2025

HCSC 6.18.24 (contract will be needed for Cigna MA)

Looks like we're contracting to the new owner for 2025.

One less bullshit carrier certification to do. Not complaining here, for that specifically, but the contraction needs to stop here. Gotta have some healthy competition. It's getting to be like phone carriers now. Which is not good for anyone....agents or medicare beneficiaries.

And the main issue with any newer carriers is, you don't know if they're just creating a deliberate 5 year "pump and dump," where they use extremely good benefits to attract people, build up clientele, and then sell off.

That happened with Bright Health in my region...bastards. I moved so many people over to them...rookie mistake back then. This is why the government thinks we're biased towards big carriers....and yes...we are. But not for the reasons they think, which is money.

It's due to STABILITY. I'm not trying to make myself look bad, disrupt my clients coverage and lives, and creates major headaches for everyone involved when a carrier sells off and pulls out of a market. Who would you rather go with? Aetna....170 years in business, or Bright Health.....7 years in business?

Last edited:
One less bullshit carrier certification to do. Not complaining here, for that specifically, but the contraction needs to stop here. Gotta have some healthy competition. It's getting to be like phone carriers now. Which is not good for anyone....agents or medicare beneficiaries.

And the main issue with any newer carriers is, you don't know if they're just creating a deliberate 5 year "pump and dump," where they use extremely good benefits to attract people, build up clientele, and then sell off.

That happened with Bright Health in my region...bastards. I moved so many people over to them...rookie mistake back then. This is why the government thinks we're biased towards big carriers....and yes...we are. But not for the reasons they think, which is money.

It's due to STABILITY. I'm not trying to make myself look bad, disrupt my clients coverage and lives, and creates major headaches for everyone involved when a carrier sells off and pulls out of a market. Who would you rather go with? Aetna....170 years in business, or Bright Health.....7 years in business?

And this is why I’ve been hesitant to write devoted so far . Non public company with no shareholders to apease. Benefits superior to the competition. It seems to me devoted is buying business to look good for a sale . They simply don’t gave the resources to compete on scale with the biggest public carriers over time . Stability has been the name of the game up until now . Unfortunately that’s going to be over with in 2025 . It was so easy ti call your clients and say “ no changes or your benefits went up . Let’s stay put “. This coming year there’s a great chance you’ll say your first month you’ll have to pay $590 in Jan to cover your new deductible you never had before “. The scary part is carriers will try to milk most somewhat healthy people out of their $2 k moop to make up for the sick ones that will hit the carriers hard . Biden didn’t understand carriers never lose . The masses who paid little before will fund the sickier ones now .

Back