Humana commissions

Humana does take a while to get in the pipeline. Depends on when the case is issued vs. the commission cut off date. Took me about 6 weeks to get my first check.

You know, there's really no excuse for this.

There are carriers (Time comes to mind) that have the comp in your bank account Wednesday morning if it was issued by Friday of the week before. If they can do it, anyone can - it is 2008 after all.

Of course the float on commissions (and the interest earnings thereto) is probably huge...

Right...I do an GR online app and it's verified - go into my broker site and it shows "75% complete."

No....it's 100% complete. They don't have the technology to allow me to view an app I just put in?

I'm lost on your GR comments John.

Maybe it is different in MI.

Had a customer do an app, finished it at 5:06, I viewed it at 5:15.

Also you talk of comm. If you go USPC, you can get more than AHCP is offering, but no advance.

I have been thinking about the GA thing for advances. I don't need them myself, but I would like to staff up. At that point, I would need them.

I still am lost on what a GA can due for me that I can't do myself or directly with the company rep. My rep has been great.

I would like to hear from any of you that are with GAs, what do they bring to the table, other than money?

It doesn't even need to be an AHCP discussion. What does a GA bring to the table that I don't get from the carrier?

BTW- I finally watched the Ram Jam video. I enjoyed it. Thank you Sti. The blonde guitar player, I would give him a 7.6 "Mullettudeness" on a 10 point scale. It is hard to tell in the video, but it may actually be a "Skullet".

Last edited:
better commissions - better support (trying calling GR direct) and an advance if you need or simply want one with no production requirements.

The downfall used to be that you were locked into your key broker - not with Health Choice One.

I earn more, own my business, get better support and am not locked in. Give me a single reason as to why I should go direct with GR.

GA's have some things to offer to rookies. Can't see any value for someone with a few miles on them.

I am direct with all my regular carriers. IMO for World but I never use them any more.

At top of scale with GR and get the benefit of USPC and a pipeline to one of their top folks in home office.

Sure, I started out at 15% but quickl jumped to 20+ after a few apps. I don't need (or want) annualization so no big deal. Changed my USPC to $50 bonus vs. PZ leads.

Life is good.

I do not rate a key broker contract since I don't write 100 GR cases per year. Because of that I'm making more through an agency then I would direct. Not only do I earn more but I get lead credits.

The GA is bringing the advance, and possibly leads. Also, their insight and support. The dialogue can be more liberal about processess: taking apps, pitch, closing, etc. vs. working directly with the company.

Then there's the retention factor:

If I spend my time training and developing an agent, I don't need Crabcake and cohorts recommending my agent to transfer to another agency.

I take my sub agent's calls for advice or help day after day. I spend hrs and hrs with these guys. You're GD right I want to keep them. I do the REAL work and the other agency just snipes my agent away? Not on my shift. That agent will definitely sit out for 6 months before I sign a release.

This has only happened twice, however it was ALWAYS due to greed -to make a slightly higher commission. Loyalty is in the toilet these days so I'll do what I have to do to protect my investment.

Crabcake's over there sayin "hey guys, sick of putting a few extra points in your GA's pocket after they taught you all you know? F your GA. He should give you more $. C'mon over to ________ company and get this %"

This is why I rip on Mr. Crabcake. He's an overly liberal moron and not a businessman. He doesn't even sell insurance. He's busy teaching agents the kind of information that is EARNED over time. You think his "students" are gonna stick around giving him $20 a month for long? They're gone in 3 months tops. He'll lose money running this operation vs. selling insurance! His highest level of education is a HS diploma and it shows.

Are my posts angry? Yes, when my livelihood may be threatened.

You're GD right I want to keep them. I do the REAL work and the other agency just snipes my agent away? Not on my shift. That agent will definitely sit out for 6 months before I sign a release.
Do you include this information in your contract? An ethical GA would.

I never have a problem with this indentured servitued bullshit except THE AGENT NEVER KNOWS UP FRONT.

If you include this in the contract, then you are ethical. If not, then you are a thief.

Rick

Back