Humana Must be Lonley??

"I haven't been officially diagnosed. "

Whenever you see someone with no insurance for years you always wonder "why are they buying today?"

Each carrier handles the "no prior coverage" issue differently. GR puts a 30 day wait on illness claims. H1 delays the effective date. Aetna gives zero to full to partial credit against px depending on how long they have been without coverage. And some carriers (possibly Time) will not allow preferred rates for those without prior coverage.

And for some carriers it is presumably a non-issue.

Most of my clients have coverage in place so it is mostly a non-issue. I don't spend a lot of time chasing after folks who are naked. Much easier to deal with someone who is acting like a responsible adult over a whiner who is waiting on the government or their employer to provide coverage.

When talking to prospects without insurance at this point in my career my mind basically turns off.

If they just lost coverage due to not being able to afford Cobra I'm ok. Other than that people who believe in health insurance wouldn't go a day without it.

TX is right - when they haven't had coverage for years my radar is going crazy; "why are they so interested now?"

When prospect without coverage displays very high interest I normally hear things like:

"So how soon can I get covered?" and they start grilling me about when they'll get cards.

What normally shuts those people up is when I talk about not being able to receive treatment for any condition that's not noted on the application without a claims review.

That triggers a "huh?" Once I explain in details it's really odd - they don't seem to call me back to do the app.

Also, there's no worse client then a client who hasn't had coverage. They're the ones who wine about every bill and constantly call with "So I have to pay this AND my premium?"

People with no coverage = complete waste of time.

I gave up on them. A prospect called in the app and said she had once been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and it was an automatic decline. She hadn't been treated in many years for it. They rate up. GR has been much better.

I've experienced a lot of lapses lately. Must be due to the economy. As far as uninsured go, a lot of men wait untill they hit 40 (the magic #) to realize their mortality and they are difficult.

Who is Lonley???
:cool:

I gave up on them. A prospect called in the app and said she had once been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and it was an automatic decline.

man if that was the case I would not have any company's to write....then I would have to go sell PPL.....

A prospect called in the app and said she had once been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and it was an automatic decline.

So . . . you don't prescreen your apps?

I've experienced a lot of lapses lately. Must be due to the economy.

Or maybe they bought the wrong thing.

Back