Humana -- Start Posting 2008 Changes

Does anybody have access to Humana SOB's?

I now have Wellcare Sob's and it deoes have a few weaknesses. Need to see the full benefits for Humana in my area. The $0 Gold Choice PFFS doesn't look good but they have a new local PPO for my area.

Anything new, please post!:cool::twitchy::twitchy:

As I'm finding out more about Humana, they're not the shining star I thought. I understand last year they raised their rates and cut their benefits. Well Gloryaski!!...means that's the one to target for replacement if your product is better.

See.....no renewals in this business. NONE

That's correct. If you're looking for renewals MA ain't the product for you.

Humana and most other plans are going to be state and with PFFS, county specific. IIRC their PFFS plans have been the same nationwide but there is a wide divergence with premium. Last year they introduced the Plan A and Plan B, with B having somewhat richer benefits for usually $20 more per month.

One example is Ark, where Scott has told us there is a $0 PFFS. In Louisiana the cheapest last year was $19, and that was in only a few parishes (counties) in the southern part of the state. Otherwise it was $89 or 109 for exactly the same plan.

I understand they are continuing to expand their HMO service areas.

Hi Everyone,

I am a new member and am very excited to find this forum! I am a independent agent in Virginia along with my husband. I have been in the biz ten years, and work with the senior market. I had been a delegated agent in a Walmart in 05 and was very curious as to what their plans would be for 08. I just found out by going on the Humana site there isn't a lot of change from last year in Va. The rx plans have gone up in premium, but the MA is still 0 with 5000 moop in every county. They also offer a $20 prem. with 4000 moop as well as a ppo.
Again, it is so great to have this forum to read and share information and ideas!

Hi Everyone,

I am a new member and am very excited to find this forum! I am a independent agent in Virginia along with my husband. I have been in the biz ten years, and work with the senior market. I had been a delegated agent in a Walmart in 05 and was very curious as to what their plans would be for 08. I just found out by going on the Humana site there isn't a lot of change from last year in Va. The rx plans have gone up in premium, but the MA is still 0 with 5000 moop in every county. They also offer a $20 prem. with 4000 moop as well as a ppo.
Again, it is so great to have this forum to read and share information and ideas!

Welcome to the forum scarlett:)

Humana still has the $0 and $20 plan from last year. BUT they did change the Hospital from $550 to $625 and on the $20 plan, hospital is now $200 a day for 1-5 days instead of $180 but they did lower the MOOP to $4000. As far as I am concerned these plans are not beneficial to my clients. They did add a local PPO(not sure what kind of network they will have) but it has a $36 premium and the hospital is $550 a day. They did put a $3000 MOOP which is good.

In my area I would put the Humana plan in at least 4th place behind Wellcare, Pyramid and Unicare. I will be educating everyone of my Humana clients with all the plans, I don't see to many staying with Humana in 2008.:biggrin::biggrin:

Scott

Scott,
Thank you for the welcome. Yes I agree with you 100 percent that Humana falls in last place. I plan to do the same with my Humana clients. It sounds like their plans are very similar in our states. The 0 plan here is 650 hospital stay and the 20 is 200 per day. They also have a huge share of the market in my area.
Carolyn

Just make sure the PFFS plans with the other companies won't have problems with acceptance. If it wouldn't have been for this issue, I would have sold for other companies last year. IMO the agent has enough to do without having to do all the provider relations too, which is how it appeared to be with many carriers last year. Remember last year at this time when Any, Any, Any looked so great? A plan may look great on paper, but if it doesn't work where the client needs it to, it might as well be worthless.

Amen to that! My thoughts exactly and I could not have said this better myself. Kinda like: WOW WHAT A GREAT NEW SHINEY CAR... but if one doesn't have the gasoline to fuel it, what good is it??!?!!

Just make sure the PFFS plans with the other companies won't have problems with acceptance. If it wouldn't have been for this issue, I would have sold for other companies last year. IMO the agent has enough to do without having to do all the provider relations too, which is how it appeared to be with many carriers last year. Remember last year at this time when Any, Any, Any looked so great? A plan may look great on paper, but if it doesn't work where the client needs it to, it might as well be worthless.

That is why I am sticking with the larger companies that are been in my area for this last year. Pyramid, Wellcare and Unicare. All 3 have better plans than Humana. Wellcare and Pyramid are the top 2.

Do you think that will be the case with the new Chesapeke MA? No one will accept it?

I am contracted with them but not sure if I am going to use it. They are in just a few counties nationwide. Who know if they will be around next year or if they are just tring to get members so they can sell their book to another company.:skeptical:

Back