Humana updated their sep Disaster codes last week. They said still in nationwide covid dst?

BibH

Guru
100+ Post Club
Humana last week said the covid sep disaster code is still in effect i saw on their mail out . Some people were talking about this on facebook. No other Carie’s has mentioned . Surely this can’t be correct.

Humana last week said the covid sep disaster code is still in effect i saw on their mail out . Some people were talking about this on facebook. No other Carie’s has mentioned . Surely this can’t be correct.

i called that out to our local Humana agent rep assistant who has not replied back.
Throughout 2020 and 2021, carriers told us that was no such SEP for COVID. I don’t know why they are bringing it up now.
You are right about the other carriers not allowing it’s usage.

Considering the email states it's a declaration from Health and Human Services, you'd think it would apply to all carriers. However, the wording does say:

If you have a client that was disrupted from making an enrollment due to Covid-19 during any of those enrollment periods, they may use this SEP to make an enrollment.

and

If you have a client that was never disrupted by Covid-19, and freely made enrollments during each of the enrollment periods available to them, this SEP would not apply to that individual

It means somebody on original Medicare can use this aep just like aep . I wrote 6 apps today and 2 were dst code people on original Medicare .

Just Humana as of now . My friend says United and Anthem rejected apps he did . I’ll tell you straight out United will be last to do . But Humana’s always been loose on sep codes . Wouldn’t be suprised if a carrier complains to cms their abusing the sep .

Just Humana as of now . My friend says United and Anthem rejected apps he did . I’ll tell you straight out United will be last to do . But Humana’s always been loose on sep codes . Wouldn’t be suprised if a carrier complains to cms their abusing the sep .

Odd. I have found Amerigroup/Anthem to be the loosest with SEPs.

I used it with UHC yesterday. It worked. Shows issued this morning.

Back