COVID Death Toll on Elderly

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
The covid-19 pandemic would be a wake-up call for America, advocates for the elderly predicted: incontrovertible proof that the nation wasn’t doing enough to care for vulnerable older adults.

The death toll was shocking, as were reports of chaos in nursing homes and seniors suffering from isolation, depression, untreated illness, and neglect. Around 900,000 older adults have died of covid-19 to date, accounting for 3 of every 4 Americans who have perished in the pandemic

lost my husband to Covid in 2020. Perfectly healthy, golfed 3 days a week etc. Covid Pneumonia they called it, I still think it's a bad flu strain. I was as sick as he was, only diff. I was 57 and he was 71.
If we looked at cancer numbers like this, i'm sure we would all be amazed at the number. fwiw

If we looked at cancer numbers like this, i'm sure we would all be amazed at the number
But cancer is mostly a disease of middle age and beyond. The median age at diagnosis is 66, meaning that half of all new cases are found before then and half are diagnosed later.

Some of the most common cancers in adults over 50 include melanoma and cancers of the:

Breast
Lung
Prostate
Colon
Bladder

What rubs me raw about COVID-19 is that many deaths were preventable

Most of what we were told to do to prevent getting COVID has since been retracted. Finally they are admitting there was no scientific evidence that masks, lock downs, 6 feet distancing, business, church and school closings were not necessary and did more harm than good.

Early on there were numerous hospital admissions, patients put on ventilators and isolation that were mostly ineffective but also cruel and inhumane.

In truth... they treated an upper respatory infection in a way that was totally against established protocols.

Makes one wonder why they would dump know effect treatment for unknown, untested expensive treatment regiments... money perhaps. :huh:

Nah... no one would put people's lives at risk for something like money or control. Sorry, got a little unhinged there for a moment... starting to sound like Trump when he wanted to let all those grandparents die...

Back