Humana's MECA Program....

MIBizInsurance

Guru
100+ Post Club
Any of you folks involved with Humana's MECA program?

This is their exclusive MA agent program.

Agents agree only to sell Humana MA products in return for leads and marketing support. Work as a 1099.

Thanks

Same thing offered by Coventry and Secure Horizons. Pick your poison. (However I think Coventry is closed for the coming season by now.)

Any of you folks involved with Humana's MECA program?

This is their exclusive MA agent program.

Agents agree only to sell Humana MA products in return for leads and marketing support. Work as a 1099.

Thanks

Be careful. I was a captive agent with Humana the last couple of years and they promised a lot to these special agents. You can only sell Humana plans and you will have to trust the manager that supplies the leads. I know of 2 of these agents that were in this program last year and they do not plan on doing it this year. They were told that Humana would pay for seminars also but they had to contact the manage when they went to pay at the seminar and she would never answer her phone and sometimes not eve return the call till the next day. The would not reinburse and would only pay by their credit card over the phone at the time of the seminar. After both of these agents had to eat seminar cost a couple of times each, they quit doing them. (average cost was around 200 each) The manager never put their seminars in the paper either so it was mostly room costs they were paying fr since they had to have a certain amout of people to show up to get this waved. They also would be running leads all over the place and ave appointments 2 hours driving distance apart.

Just what happened in my area so just a fair warning!

Boy, sounds like more of the same here.

Wife took a position with them as a MECA agent. She wants to break into the Senior side and we figured this would be a good option for the season.

Long story short they really do not seem to have act together.

That does not surprise me that they have no idea what is going on.

I was captive with them for just under 2 years. Their commission department is ran by ex-IRS agents. If you owe them money, they will take it right away. If they owe you money, good luck.

Funny thing is her health marketing has really taken off so she will probaly pass on this.

The managers here don't seem to have clue as to when certifcation is, training schedule or how marketing cost will be handled.

At first it was stated that E&O should be provided just found out that no E&O and they stated for MA it was not needed. If she wanted in to get on own.

/rolls eyes

Back