I Am a New Agent in Need of Advice

No. You got it or you don't. Don't bother trying to learn to sell. Just talk to enough people to find the ones that want to buy. Then show them what you got, be honest, and let them decide for themselves.

Why even give them the choice? You could come up with some kind of script that basically states that due to recent economic enviroment and carrier requirements you have to due a policy review for their protection. You could site the example of Haulk Hogan and Wells
Fargo.
Just a thought and you also need to state they could have too much coverage to put them at ease. You will need to feel this out though and get it perfect then do a test run to see what kind of response you get.
As a consumer, if I don't have choice then I don't have a choice so I'll review my policy/policies especially if it might save me money and it is communicated to me in the proper fasion.
I'm sure some will disagree with me but if I'm not having success with people's busy lives then I resort to a different method.
If done right, this will get you reviews and it is a good thing for the client plus it is a good thing for you and client retention. After all, they are not going to want to switch after they just had a policy review and go through all that again.
Just an idea...........

Why even give them the choice?

They always have a choice. If you come on too strong and act like they have no choice, the client may choose to take their business elsewhere.

Just keep it simple, they are not stupid. They will realize why you are calling, and some will be willing to meet with you. Many won't, the task is to make sure not to alienate those that don't want to meet with you. One day they may, and you won't earn brownie points with the owner by running off his existing clients.

Stress the benefits to the client, "We are expanding our offerings, and we want to reach out to our existing clients to schedule a policy review and ensure we are providing the coverage you need." If they agree, schedule the appointment. If they balk, try to overcome one or two objections, then gracefully exit the call with permission to review the issue in 6 months.

Depending on the clients' past experiences, I would say you might get 20-30% to schedule a policy review. Vastly better than the 5-10% you might get cold calling, and a much warmer appointment.

You know, it occurs to me that blatant honesty never hurts anyone. How about this:

Mr. Jones, we haven't carried life insurance up till now. But Mr. Zooker is thinking to add it for our clients, if enough of them might need it. He asked me to give everybody a call to see if you feel it would be a benefit to you if we offered affordable life insurance, or if it really wouldn't be of any use to you."

Man, listening to myself say that out loud, I definitely think we have a weiner.

Don't ask if they would like to meet. Give them a specific date and time. You're the professional they need you, you don't need them. haha

Back