I am an annuity marketing rep

klcannuity

Hi to all, I marketet fixed annuity products for a national FMO. I am not here to solicit agents. I have plenty of agents. I am here doing research. I am interested in hearing what you think -- about products, how they are marketed and what you want and expect from an FMO and the insurance companies. I'll answer questions that you may have, too. Thanks,
klc

there are many threads about FMOs. Seems like most are not happy with their annuity FMOs. Why not just tell us all what's working out here?

Hi Bill,

First, let me say that I am not here to sell a marketing program or lead system. I am here to research what agents actually expect from an annuity FMO so that I can be sure that my company is doing what we can to assist our agents in writing their annuity business. The agents that I work with personally, tell me that their best way of getting new clients is by referral. I'd like to hear some other proven methods from the agents here. Have you used lead companies or marketing programs that are working for you?

I really would like to get some unbiased information. I am here to do some research. I am not here to solicit agents -- I am sure that you understand. If you want to ask me an annuity question and I'll be glad to answer it.

Last edited:
Dear Senior-market-indiana: it seems that every carrier is offering a lifetime income rider. According the feedback that I am getting from the carriers that I work with, they are not a big hit at all. Many of them are hard to explain and some even have fees. At least the one from American Equity guarantees the income account value to increase by no less than 5.00% each year even if the index performance is less. Which do you think is the best?

My company has only recently started marketing Allianz. In fact, we used to anti-market them. But since they have some annuities that are not two tiered, we have no excuse to not market their products. No matter what you say about their products, they sure can market them.

EIA crediting methods -- why are there so many? Well, they each have historically proved appropriate in certain past market conditions.

As a marketer, the best one is the one that I can get you to understand and present correctly to your client so that you can make the sale. Personally, I purchased one that offers several options so that I can re-allocate as needed to follow the current market conditions. How about you?

I have not seen that option with AE. That sounds pretty darn good. Of course that is only one part to the product. I am not sure what the best crediting method is. I leave that up to my marketers to tell me at the point of sale and renewal dates.

EIA crediting methods -- why are there so many? Well, they each have historically proved appropriate in certain past market conditions.

The only reason an insurance company would offer alternatives is the Las Vegas element - pick one, you win, pick any of the others, you lose. Think about it.

By the way, you get to contribute to the forum, not simply take from it. Sounds like your premise from the start is a bit suspect. We'll just have to see how it goes.

Hi to all, I marketet fixed annuity products for a national FMO. I am not here to solicit agents. I have plenty of agents. I am here doing research. I am interested in hearing what you think -- about products, how they are marketed and what you want and expect from an FMO and the insurance companies. I'll answer questions that you may have, too. Thanks,
klc

I'm thinking this aint kosher, damnit, I want kosher dills!

Back