I Am Thinking of Becoming an Insurance Agent, Advice?

Firstly i dont live in the US(I actually live in Singapore) so the insurance industry will probably be somewhat different, but i would like to hear comments all the same.

One of the big insurance companies here wants to recruit me. I will be under a manager who will be responsible for my training, etc after i obtain my license. Ive been told to expect to make LOTS of calls everyday trying to setup appointments and spending a lot of time travelling for these appointments.

At this point some people have commented that this was a pyramid scheme of some kind...i wont make any real money out of selling insurance, i will only make money if i become a manager and my guys sell insurance. No clue on how accurate this is. Comments?

Basically i want to know what its like for this job. What can i expect, etc? I dont want to trust the guy recruiting me too much, because recruiters always emphasize the good points over the bad(and in our meeting, he did focuse on how much i could potentially earn). I want to hear reality.

Get a work visa and come sell insurance in the States . . .

Back