I got my license today...now what???

With your new license don't drink & drive. As to insurance, take several training classes, pay the price to learn the business, and your chances are probably about 1 in 10 that you will make a living after about 1 yr. It is not easy but it is duable, that is if you don't fall in the trap that anyone can do it. Learn, learn, learn, practice, practice, practice. There are NO shortcuts.

...It is not easy but it is duable, that is if you don't fall in the trap that anyone can do it. Learn, learn, learn, practice, practice, practice. There are NO shortcuts.
Let me add a supplimental question here if I can.

Let me ask a question about getting things going. From what I've been reading over the past few weeks, the majority here have been "captive" and then made the leap into a solo career.

My question is, aside from bringing a pre-existing book with you, what else did you do to get started?

For those of you who either live in, or are licenced to sell in California, how did you choose the companies to hook up with, insofar as sellng the products are concerned?

Did you design your web page yourself, or did you have it done for you?

How did you get the word out about you services? I know about, well, a little bit, about google placement, I've had a web page, www.reubendunn.com online for the past several years in the UK, and have, as of March moved it over here to California, and have been, as of last year at least, rather high up in the searchs, in either its present form, or with its previous URL.

I guess I'm asking how one gets started, with an insurance business, insofar as using the internet is concerned. I would eventually see this as being a part of the overall business.

Congratulations!!

It would have been better if you had a plan in place beforehand but that's how it goes most of them time.

I agree but since you didn't now is not too soon to start.

You can do both depending on the time of year.

What does the time of the year have to do with it? He needs to start now. I have never found a time of the year that it isn't good to sell insurance.

Back