I Have to Ask if I'm the Only One

that gets annoyed with rich med supp clients that worry the heck out of you to save $10.

It's not that I don't appreciate their loyalty and all of that shitt, but I have a lot of clients that are really well off, mostly brought to me by others that were equally well off, and I don't mean the standard def of "rich", I mean homes in Florida, Ct., road trips, scholarships, etc.

The one thing they have in common is they bug the shitt out of me about finding them a better deal on their med supps and Rx every year, even if it's just a few dollars. I find myself saying things like "didn't you just tell me that you're having surgery in two months" we'll have to wait and then you can save 50 cents if approved and their like "okay".

Now the junk that really gets under my skin, is they say something like, "we're going to Italy, but I want to talk to you as soon as I get back". It's like you've got to be freaking kidding, you're worried about saving $25 a year on a med supp, and you're going to Europe. I don't get these people, I wouldn't change my health insurance over $500 a year.

How do you think they got rich in the first place?

I have clients that will fall all over themselves to save $50 a year (usually can afford it), and some just leave it even if I can save them $1000+.

Depends on the client, really. I just shake my head sometimes.

Back