I have tried Gary's CRM software....

The telemarketing industry is geared towards residential:

mortgage refi's
credit card offer
phone companies
consumer survery
charities

Not much is geared towards businesses since marketers have to get past gatekeepers.

Hmm, you should answer my phone someday.... marketers a few times a day. That said, I survive it, doesn't bother me much, I usually tell them that 'oh, Mr Quigley handles that, and unfortunately, he's not in'. Next time they call, and ask for Mr Quigley, I know it's a marketeer, no big deal.

The company next to me actually has a voicemail box setup for Mr. Quigley.

Dan

By the way, the worst company for telemarketing is the phone company trying to sell yellow pages ads. That is one I would sign up with a do not call list over.

Dan

In my opinion, it's not the hassle of picking up the phone that keeps people from making the calls with consistency, it's the fear of rejection and the dialer doesn't cure that. Like someone else already posted, this concept isn't new, telemarketing centers have used it for years. It's just new to us as small independent agents.

You have hit the nail squarely on the head. Everyone wants to sell insurance and write applications but very, very few want to be an insurance agent. Being an agent requires them work hard, be creative and to learn how to prospect and become good at it.

This can be seen on this board by the number of "agents" that are looking for "hot leads", and someone to make their calls and set their appointments for them.

Anyone can go on appointments and write applications. The world is full of "agents" doing that making $45,000 per year. The real agents, those who are making well into six figures a year, are the ones who have learned how to prospect and enjoy the challenge of exploring the many different ways available to them. They do not rely on someone else to do the work for them. No one is going to represent you as well as you represent yourself.

I am, I'm going balls to the wall prospecting today. I haven't hopped on the CRM yet, but I've been calling my scheduled index cards for today with people that were either putting me off or the timing wasn't right. Three scheduled meetings so far: 2 phone, 1 face to face. I'll be on the dialer calling cold in about a half hour.

I will be doing that tomorrow, getting lots of AM-LM (17) Only 3 leads so far and I have to log off in 30 minutes. Incoming Monday morning calls have been distracting for me too

Back