I Just Got Rolled

passivesf

Expert
Just a $2k annual prem for home and auto policy...but wow what an irritating feeling. Took my quote back to his original broker who saved him an extra $70 with the same carrier after ripping him off for years with another. I want to punch him in the nose!!!

Just a $2k annual prem for home and auto policy...but wow what an irritating feeling. Took my quote back to his original broker who saved him an extra $70 with the same carrier after ripping him off for years with another. I want to punch him in the nose!!!

Bring it up at the beginning of the process. If you did and he agreed then still stuck it to you, it sucks, but happens. Next.

Getting rolled sucks doesn't it. You can't eliminate it completely but you can minimize it by taking XRAC's suggestion and reading the wedge. Also, I recommend very highly Dynamics of Selling which is a 2.5 day seminar put on by the same organization behind the CIC designation. Using their diagnostic appointment format will eliminate some of it as well.

besides The Wedge, has anybody ever read any of his other books?

I'm looking for The Wedge on CD or any audio but can't find it. Does it not exist?

For this reason, I do not want my clients even talking to the old agent. I have a auto cancellation form and a home cancellation form. I have the client sign it, I fill in their name and address and policy number and I myself fax it to the old agent.

I tell the client we want to make this as easy for them as possible and they like that. I also tell them I do this for them because I require a signature or an email to cancel,

I havent ever been Rick Rolled since I started doing this.

I havent ever been Rick Rolled since I started doing this.

Just wait...you will. It doesn't matter what you do you can do everything right and still have someone change their mind. If I get a signed cancelation from another agent faxed to me signed by the customer I usually call the customer to see exactly why? I have saved many of these accounts...I have actually started a few fights with husbands and wives that one spouse had no idea that the other had done this at all.

Back