I Made a Bet with a State Farm Agent Today.

The only time I have ever run into SF on a big account was about 8-9 years ago when there was a very tight work comp market in CA, they took the workers comp for two local banks away from me with really low rates. These were 80-100K in premium and I could not touch them for 3 years until the market softened a bit.

VaDwayne, what do you use Philadelphia for? We mainly use them for no-profits and classic cars now. What kind of accounts are they good at in your area?

VaDwayne, what do you use Philadelphia for?

Because they are an insurance carrier. LOL Just jokin

I mainly use them for no-profits and classic cars now. What kind of accounts are they good at in your area?

1.B&B's
2.Just about anything involving outdoorsmanship
like camping, hiking, etc. but of course my house sets at the junction of the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Skyline Drive and just a couple of miles from the Appalachian Trail.
3. Pest control services, they have AWESOME pollution coverage
4.I just did a large dance-karate studio.
5. Hotels- $50,000 minimum premium
6. Day Care and adult homes

I do a lot of B&B's simply because I like the people that own them. I am so fortunate to have 2 of the best insurers on the East Coast.

It's been said before but the captive agencies are great for early-career training but why work for 50% commission when you can collect FAR MORE as an independent?

1. Benefits
2. Retirement account
3. Experienced help
4. Friends in the office
5. Annual Christmas party

I began captive, went independent.

Back