I Received This Email from a Supossed Forum Member

The forum never sells your email addresses, we do occasionally send out emails ourselves, but we do not give them out to anyone else. However, when you sign up for the forum, one of the boxes to check is to allow other members to send you email.

This is how someone could receive email through our system from another forum member.

If you wish to opt-out of receiving these emails, you can make the change in your control panel.

Thanks

Oh no, I don't mind getting emails from forum members, but this one seemed a little scetchy so I figured I would ask about it.

Last week or so, I received an email from this forum that a new post has been posted on a thread that I have subscribed. There was a link below in the email, if I wanted to un-subscribe.

This was strange, because I have opted out from "new message" alerts via email. Believing it was from the forum, I clicked on the link - and the link took me to a blank page.

I haven't noticed any problem with my computer or email since then, so I hope this email was legitimate.

Last week or so, I received an email from this forum that a new post has been posted on a thread that I have subscribed. There was a link below in the email, if I wanted to un-subscribe.

This was strange, because I have opted out from "new message" alerts via email. Believing it was from the forum, I clicked on the link - and the link took me to a blank page.

I haven't noticed any problem with my computer or email since then, so I hope this email was legitimate.

I believe that is how you are subscribed to the thread. The forum will send you an email letting you know the thread was posted to. Not sure why it was blank though, it should load the thread.

Back