I saw 2023 call center MA TV commercial tonight

@goillini52 - does Medicare cover knee replacement surgery?
Yes.

Does Medicare cover inpatient hospital care?
Yes.

Does Medicare cover ambulance services?
Yes.

I don't think "covers" necessarily implies 100% with no cost sharing -- it doesn't with OM and doesn't with MAPD either.

I'll agree it can cause confusion and the desire to leave out details is purely motivated by sales. I just don't think it's a lie.
"Covers everything on Part A and Part B". To me, that's a lie. If nothing else, a lie by insinuation. How about pays on everything on Part A and Part B that Medicare does, just different amounts depending on whether it's in network or out.

I believe this is an effective ad to get people to call but it is very misleading.

Possibly unlawful but not necessarily illegal . . .

I am not defending the ad, as I agree with others, and it should be investigated and probably banned. But unless there are enough complaints nothing will happen.

The Broadway Joe ads never say anything about the plans may not be available in all areas but they do what advertising is supposed to do . . . make the phones ring.

So, I guess 2023 tv ads are the same as last year? Weren’t we told they were going to be illegal?

And if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor . . . if you like your plan you can keep your plan.

False advertising, but not necessarily illegal.

And if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor . . . if you like your plan you can keep your plan.

False advertising, but not necessarily illegal.

But I’m not referring to false advertising. I thought someone posted here where any commercial using Medicare to create inbound calls were illegal.

Maybe it was just a proposed bill, but I thought it was approved. I somewhat thought it seemed too good to be true.

I have been puzzling over how that could come about. After watching the ad 3-4 times, I finally figured it out.

That sounds like an interesting discussion (also a time waster for a person earning a living by doing this stuff). Do you tell them they already have a Part C card, it just doesn't come from the government?
@LostDollar it's an incredible time waster.
Yes, we get calls from our Medicare Advantage clients saying that "They must have forgotten to get Part C" [No, you already have it]

OR Medigap clients who would never consider MAPD wondering about "Part C"

Or MAPD clients concerned they forgot "Part D"

Or MAPD clients calling their HMO a "Supplement"

Or Medicare Supplement clients wondering how to get "a Medi-GAP" plan like their friend has...

FOMO is the name of the advertising game and (some, not all of course) clients 100% satisfied will see an ad an panic wondering if they missed something due to terminology.

But I’m not referring to false advertising. I thought someone posted here where any commercial using Medicare to create inbound calls were illegal.

Maybe it was just a proposed bill, but I thought it was approved. I somewhat thought it seemed too good to be true.

Thats bill for 2024 with the name Medicare in it . But starting Jan 1 all tv commercials have to be prescreened by cms before airing . Last yr you could air then submit . Again the problem that can’t be solved is off shore calls to start the process of solicitation then the agent answers “ Senior solutions can i help you” . The recording starts there after all the bait and lies to get the transfer . If they get complaint they’ll simply show fake cms complaint ad . This will never end . Unfortunately for all of us only one way to end this . Cut commissions 50-70% to make it unprofitable for 75% of people to do . As long as co’s making a fortune and providing big marketing $’s and commissions high it won’t end

@LostDollar it's an incredible time waster.
Yes, we get calls from our Medicare Advantage clients saying that "They must have forgotten to get Part C" [No, you already have it]

OR Medigap clients who would never consider MAPD wondering about "Part C"

Or MAPD clients concerned they forgot "Part D"

Or MAPD clients calling their HMO a "Supplement"

Or Medicare Supplement clients wondering how to get "a Medi-GAP" plan like their friend has...

FOMO is the name of the advertising game and (some, not all of course) clients 100% satisfied will see an ad an panic wondering if they missed something due to terminology.

The advertising works. I bet i got 30 calls aep “ Do i have part C? The phone guy said i need it and don’t have it” .

I was listening to the local station in my town and heard an interview with a Medicare agency that explained the hurricane Ian sep and advertised it, totally illegal, nobody cares.

if it was on the local news that is different than advertising
Thats bill for 2024 with the name Medicare in it . But starting Jan 1 all tv commercials have to be prescreened by cms before airing . Last yr you could air then submit . Again the problem that can’t be solved is off shore calls to start the process of solicitation then the agent answers “ Senior solutions can i help you” . The recording starts there after all the bait and lies to get the transfer . If they get complaint they’ll simply show fake cms complaint ad . This will never end . Unfortunately for all of us only one way to end this . Cut commissions 50-70% to make it unprofitable for 75% of people to do . As long as co’s making a fortune and providing big marketing $’s and commissions high it won’t end

I couldn't see CMS pre approving this ad if they are really trying to help the consumer.Maybe the feds can go after the broadcasters and cable companies for running these ads since they are regulated by the FCC

Back