I think were on the cusp of chaos in mapd networks as insurers and hospitals fight

UHC does not on the PPOs, haven't had a PCP on a PPO app in year

On every app I’ve ever done with United with a ppo it requires you put something in dr box. If you don’t put the right dummy code or a pcp the app will stay pending till you call and producer help desk does the dummy code or you give a legit pcp

On every app I’ve ever done with United with a ppo it requires you put something in dr box. If you don’t put the right dummy code or a pcp the app will stay pending till you call and producer help desk does the dummy code or you give a legit pcp
I do most of my apps via paper. It's been a while since I did a UHC PPO with their e-app. Maybe it's possible I did do one with a PCP on their PPO in the past with an e-app.
But I know I've done quite a few with paper and no PCP over the past couple of year, one even recently with no repercussions

I do most of my apps via paper. It's been a while since I did a UHC PPO with their e-app. Maybe it's possible I did do one with a PCP on their PPO in the past with an e-app.
But I know I've done quite a few with paper and no PCP over the past couple of year, one even recently with no repercussions

With a paper app they’ll just auto assign. You can’t do an E-App without it. No other PPOs that I’ve seen require it.
And holy cow, I didn’t know they even made paper apps anymore lol

With a paper app they’ll just auto assign. You can’t do an E-App without it. No other PPOs that I’ve seen require it.
lol yeah I still do stuff old school with paper apps and most of my appts face-to-face

But, I have not had UHC auto assign a PCP to customer with a PPO when we did a paper app. I even double checked with a few customers I know of this morning on Jarvis. and when I pulled up their profile, it does not show a PCP. Other customers, with The Villages HMO for example, it shows their PCP

I too was under the impression that you had to select a provider on all UHC PPO applications, as you know, LEAN will not let you past that step of enrollment if you leave it blank.

Even if it's a not network PCP; they want the name on the application.

However, I have seen in the field, UHC PPO member ID cards without a PCP on it. So, that has lead me to believe the option to not select a PCP is available.

I believe some of the alternative enrollment platforms, such as connecture, will allow the application to be submitted without selecting a PCP. I am going off of memory, I havent done an enrollment on there since AEP, but I believe that was the one where a PCP was not required.

I think enrolling on Medicare dot gov might also not require the PCP selection. I seem to remember this, but I am not certain.

there is a pcp dummy code starting with 000 000 and medicare pcp in dr name field that will issue a blank card - or it use too at least last time i used it which has been over 6 months ago

there is a pcp dummy code starting with 000 000 and medicare pcp in dr name field that will issue a blank card - or it use too at least last time i used it which has been over 6 months ago
That’s correct on the dummy code . You type “ Medicare pcp” for Dr and it issues card with no dr ? I always put 0000 in dr field but I have no idea if it puts a drs name .

That’s correct on the dummy code . You type “ Medicare pcp” for Dr and it issues card with no dr ? I always put 0000 in dr field but I have no idea if it puts a drs name .
00000099001 don't tell anyone this is a secret stash.

Back