I think were on the cusp of chaos in mapd networks as insurers and hospitals fight

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
I’m reading a ton of story’s nationwide of standoffs between big hospital systems and Mapd insurers fighting over rate increases . There’s no more “ it’s all bs they always come to an agreement “ Everyone digging their heels in and the patients in the crossfire . Hell i sound like Somarco . lol . But I’ll be offering more med supps to people that can afford it .

Welcome aboard.
You see the AZB and Dignity health fight end ugly? But supp rates up 15% at AZB and UHC in AZ. Gonna be a battle

I think we have a perfect storm here in healthcare . Inflations digging in with labor shortages and general inflation .Its affecting everything

Personally I think we are a long ways away before a perfect storm. Since those insurance companies who are fighting for every single penny like their life depends on it just so their c-suite can all take home fat million dollar bonuses, they'll continue to be dropped by hospitals and doctors until they only accept a couple MAPD plans

Competition be fierce.

Personally I think we are a long ways away before a perfect storm. Since those insurance companies who are fighting for every single penny like their life depends on it just so their c-suite can all take home fat million dollar bonuses, they'll continue to be dropped by hospitals and doctors until they only accept a couple MAPD plans

Competition be fierce.

As long as PPO's are available, it's really not a huge deal. If it was just HMO's like pre-2016, then yes...major deal. The difference in copays on most Medicare Advantage PPO's between "in-network" and "out-of-network" is not some monumental difference. People are already getting most of these plans at $0/month. If they have to pay a little bit more for a few copays, it's not the end of the world. It would obviously be preferable if they didn't have to, but the benefits of the plans are still great.

Competition be fierce.

To be fair, hospitals are no different. They are businesses with Chairmen, CEOs, Presidents, etc. They are no different from any Wall Street corporate structure. It's all about extracting as much money from insurers and patients as possible.

As long as PPO's are available, it's really not a huge deal. If it was just HMO's like pre-2016, then yes...major deal. The difference in copays on most Medicare Advantage PPO's between "in-network" and "out-of-network" is not some monumental difference. People are already getting most of these plans at $0/month. If they have to pay a little bit more for a few copays, it's not the end of the world. It would obviously be preferable if they didn't have to, but the benefits of the plans are still great.
That’s not correct necessarily now . I’ve seen several bitters fights were the hospitals are refusing to bill out of network for the patients . There accusing the ins company of oweing them money for out of network billing from before . Also up North many of plans sold are HMO’s .Nationwide I bet 75% of all dsnps are HMO’s . In Fla go look at all the plans . I bet 60-80% are HMO’s

UHC is wanting pcp's on ALL applications now, including ppo's.
Medicare want's all physicians to belong to a group, we are going
to have massive network issues this aep, imo

I’m reading a ton of story’s nationwide of standoffs between big hospital systems and Mapd insurers fighting over rate increases . There’s no more “ it’s all bs they always come to an agreement “ Everyone digging their heels in and the patients in the crossfire . Hell i sound like Somarco . lol . But I’ll be offering more med supps to people that can afford it .

Back