Ideal Concepts Inc

Hi Sales Girl,
are you still with IDEAL CONCEPTS? I've got an interview soon and want to get more reviews from those that are/have worked for them.

Thanks

Hello all,
I'm interested in applying with Ideal Concepts but have a few questions. Please don't be rude. I'm just curious like everyone else!
1. What are the computer requirements in order to work from home with Ideal Concepts?
2. How much money should I have saved up(before leaving my office job) if the company hires me remotely?
Thank you!

I would recommend you have at least a half mil in the bank. You will not make anything because the ACA plans literally don't pay squat. And the supplemental plans are so overpriced that they cancel in no time, and you will be charged back for the chump change you did manage to make. With Open Enrollment winding down, why would you want to start doing this now anyway? :nah:

Is that any way to talk to a lady? She asked you to NOT be rude. You sir, should be ashamed of yourself!:)

Hi Ladybug and others looking for info! I apologize for not getting back, I've been busy, plus I got SUPER tired of defending the company I'm working for. Maybe this opportunity isn't for everyone, but Ideal Concepts has given me a lot and I hate to hear people who haven't even worked here talk badly about them. I'm really happy here and I'm grateful for the opportunity I was given. If anyone has questions, feel free to p.m. me on here. You can also email questions to the recruiter who brought me on- [email protected].

To answer your questions Ladybug, computer requirements are pretty standard. You need a fairly new computer to run the program and I would suggest having two monitors. It makes it easier to be looking at quotes while also looking at the client's information on SalesRadix (their CRM). A second monitor is pretty cheap. You also need to have a really good internet connection, and they require no wireless internet, but I use wireless on a regular basis and it works fine. (Pretty much all summer I sit on my back deck during the day using wifi.) You also obviously need a headset since all the calls come through SalesRadix. I have a wireless one that was pretty expensive ($200), but you can start with a cheap one and get a really nice one down the road.

The 2nd Q was how much money do you need saved up? I would say enough to afford all the stuff I just talked about, and then you need several state licenses if you don't have them already. Those can run you a couple hundred, depending on what states you want to be in. (Ohio is $10, California is $200.) The next thing to consider is when will commissions come through? Supplements pay super quick, like, within a week or two. ACA takes forever, but it's not OEP so I'm barely selling any ACA now. Short term comes very quickly too, within a few weeks. So if you were starting during OEP, I would say have lots saved up, but since we're outside of that now, I'd say its less important bc your commissions come quick.

For all the terribly miserable people talking badly about selling ACA, either you are not working for a good company or you're a terrible salesperson. Obviously commissions on ACA aren't great, but it's a lie to say they aren't paying commissions at all. Obviously we don't sell carriers that aren't paying commissions. (Maybe you should have YOUR agency do actual market research on where and with whom you should be doing business!)

Anyway, during OEP you're selling 4 or 5 people a day, so that makes up for the lower comp. Plus, you should be selling one or two supp plans on all of those! Dental, vision, accident, CI, those all net you really great comp. Someone mentioned that nobody's making $250K selling just those. You're right. I'm selling two of those, plus ACA during OEP, and STM outside of OEP. Short term med. comp is 20% or more! Let's do some simple math that even you nasty, angry, negative people can do. And let's assume all low averages with it. Let's say a STM is $200 a month. (Average is probably higher.) Let's say your comp is 20% on that. (Again, average is higher.) That's $40 a month, 3 months would be $120. You sell two of those a day, that's $240 a day, 5 days a week, that's $1200 a week, etc. And that's without considering the 4 supplemental plans you should be selling per day, with 30% or higher comp. If you just estimated the lowest averages, with the lowest closing rate, with no supps, year 'round, you're looking at $60K. That's why they say their worst agents make that, and their average make $90K. I'm slightly above average, I'd say I'll hit $130K this year. The top guys, they're making way more than me. I'm not sure how they do better than me. I mean, they close more business, obviously, and cross sell more products, but I'm not sure how they do that. They also probably work more than I do. But I'm happy with what I'm making, and I can always get better, and I hope I do.

Anyway, hope this helps and sorry for the long post. Now I'm going to sign off and try not to respond to any trolls who feel the need to pick apart my opinion with their uninformed opinion that they drew from NOT EVEN WORKING HERE.

Salesgirl said, "they require no wireless internet, but I use wireless on a regular basis and it works fine. (Pretty much all summer I sit on my back deck during the day using wifi.)"
There's a reason they require no wireless internet. Basically you are admitting you break their rules on a public forum. I hope they don't know it's you.

Salesgirl said, "they require no wireless internet, but I use wireless on a regular basis and it works fine. (Pretty much all summer I sit on my back deck during the day using wifi.)"
There's a reason they require no wireless internet. Basically you are admitting you break their rules on a public forum. I hope they don't know it's you.

Salesgirl is IdealConcepts' social media director, Alisha.

Last edited:
Back