Ideal Concepts Inc

Dec 30, 2014

1. papercutter

papercutter Super Genius

State:
    Maryland
    jitendra, thanks for offering an honest account of your experience. Even if you are licensed in 15 states, there are lots of times when you go forever between calls before you actually get to speak to a person for more than 30 seconds. I also found that their "brand new" leads were often several days old. That's an eternity for health insurance. Then, their BSing managers endlessly email you boasting of how everyone else on the platform is writing 10 deals a day and how come you aren't too? :skeptical:

2. Lourdes2017

Lourdes2017 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hi Salesgirl
    I have been searching around for this company because It looks a great company to work for.
    I really appreciate your input in this company. You said that to be a remote agent you have to have experience. I do not have experience on this field. What do recommend for me to start having experience before I apply for this company?
    Thanks in advance,
    Lourdes

3. buffbug

buffbug New Member

hello i just got my license a week ago, looking for a job.will i need to get appointed by ideal concepts. anyone know how to apply for ideal concepts. and im licensed in life in health in only one state. so can i sell over the phone nation wide?
    also how much should i expect in the first month working 40hrs week with average sale? what is salesradix.com?

buffbug, May 6, 2017
  4. salesgirl

salesgirl Expert

Hi!

Some of my friends have worked in call centers before coming on board. (The Hartford, Aetna, etc.) Or you can buy leads and sell independently for a while.
    I also think they sometimes take people with extensive sales backgrounds. I know at least one agent who wasn't selling insurance before but sold cars for a long time. They might have made an exception for him, I dunno.

Hope this helps! (Sorry I'm late.)

----------

Hey!

Joe C. is my favorite recruiter and you can probably just email him at [email protected] to apply. You will need to get more state licenses. Like, a ton. The more you have, the better the lead flow. I have all of the states we sell in right now, I think I'm up to 35. But if you start smaller and work your way up, that's good.

I think you p.m.ed me and I just answered so check your messages!

----------

Papercutter is right about one thing: Health insurance is a tough market right now. Hopefully the new administration figures it out and it gets easier again, but in the meantime, if you want to sell health, Ideal Concepts is probably the best place to do it. Maybe he's right selling life is easier for him, but I personally think its a harder sell. Less people need/want it than health.

Now on to what he's lying about this time: Short term med commissions are 20%!! I have no idea why he flat out lied about that. Call them up directly yourself and just point blank ask them what short term med pays- 610.740.0000. Also, short term is not hard to sell- the people shopping right now don't have an SEP to buy ACA anyway, so what the heck else are you going to sell them but short term?? And during OEP, ACA is a slam dunk.

----------

I'll p.m. you. Papercutter obsessively stalks me and it honestly worries me. I'd rather talk privately.

5. Ironmike87

Ironmike87 New Member

State:
    Texas

Hey PaperCutter,

Have you successfully sold life insurance by phone at home? If so, which company did you sell for?

Thanks,
    Mike

6. dbrown

dbrown New Member

Still working for IC?

dbrown, Jun 8, 2017
  7. lgron

lgron New Member

State:
    California
    sounds promising, i think i'll look into it.

lgron, Jun 13, 2017
  8. LarryF

LarryF New Member

Still sounds like a pretty positive company to work for and with!

LarryF, Jun 14, 2017
  9. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    Sounds horrible to me

Chazm, Jun 15, 2017
  10. lgron

lgron New Member

State:
    California
    why are you still there then after 6 months??

lgron, Jul 17, 2017