If any body is still around....Idaho is making some waves

The single state blues will hop on board as I'm sure the state gov't is in discussions with and will get buy in from a carrier before proceeding.

The single state blues will hop on board as I'm sure the state gov't is in discussions with and will get buy in from a carrier before proceeding.

Why?

TX passed Association legislation in 08 (06 maybe?) and not a single carrier jumped in.

They aren't going to be able to price these low enough to do any good when you add in the underwriting expenses to get them to 85% MLR.

This sounds great. Makes for great television. (Kind of like states lines!) Isn't going to do a damn thing to solve the problem.

I would hope that any sensible state politician or DOI person would get buy in from the local/state dominant carrier (blues for ex), and create the framework TOGETHER before proceeding.

I would hope that any sensible state politician or DOI person would get buy in from the local/state dominant carrier (blues for ex), and create the framework TOGETHER before proceeding.

I would hope to win the lottery. Might happen when . . .
pig-flying.png

Here is a detailed article on the topic. Seems like a practical approach in some areas:
https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20180126.6620/full/

Great.

And its going to help who exactly? At 5:1, it takes out anyone over the age of 50. (Not to mention the AARP assault on every politician who supports it)

Healthy people between 40 and 50, above 300% of FPL, it helps them. Maybe. Depends on if STM goes back to 12 months.

Under the age of 40? Women aren't going to sign up without maternity.

So we've got a plan made up of men, age 26-49? All of whom make more than 300% of the FPL.

Yeah. That's the group I'm concerned about.

Its still junk. We need a surcharge without prior EHB. We need stop loss for the carriers. Tie MAPD to ACA counties.

The benefits are NOT the problem. The rates and provider choice are. This is yet another sound bite that isn't going to fix anything.

Reactions: FRJ
Back