If I was going to start a drug list (and check it twice)…

kgmom219

What's Next?
5000 Post Club
Texas
To play with on Monday, what drugs would you want to see?

I’m trying to build a spreadsheet for the top 20 PITA drugs for both plan and pharmacy.

Eliquis
Xarelto
Breo
Trelegy
Ozempic
Symbicort
Spiriva
Xiidra

This is top of my head and I’m sure I’m missing some.

pic-8-5.jpg

fear-and-loathing.gif

Drugs with 13 different options. ER. SR. Caps. Tabs. Powder forms.

Those drive me nuts.

I tell people "be super specific and look @ the bottle, not your rolled up coffee stained paper that you've been carrying around for 4 months."

You agents who never meet f2f have no clue. :D

Drugs with 13 different options. ER. SR. Caps. Tabs. Powder forms.

I have trained many of my clients to be specific, but every once in a while we have a failure to communicate.

Last year a lady asked for help for an HRT med. She gave me the name & dosage but the only one that came close was a suppository. She insisted it was a cream so I printed out the list (about a dozen variations) and she still argued that she was using a cream . . . so I told her it wasn't on any formulary that I could find.

That was when she got frustrated and said she would find a drug plan on her own

Last year a lady asked for help for an HRT med. She gave me the name & dosage but the only one that came close was a suppository. She insisted it was a cream so I printed out the list (about a dozen variations) and she still argued that she was using a cream . . . so I told her it wasn't on any formulary that I could find
Compounded?
MOO is good on the HRT rx’s

Compounded?
MOO is good on the HRT rx’s

Good question. She didn't offer if it was compounded or not. I have a few clients with med's that are compounded, and they normally tell me, but I have yet to see a PDP that covers compounded med's.

I ran her med through S&S which is usually accurate and nothing came up for what she said was the dosage and type of med

EDIT
Found it.
Vagifem 10mcg insert

Tablet showed up but not the insert
And the tablet was not on any formulary

Last edited:
Good question. She didn't offer if it was compounded or not. I have a few clients with med's that are compounded, and they normally tell me, but I have yet to see a PDP that covers compounded med's.

I ran her med through S&S which is usually accurate and nothing came up for what she said was the dosage and type of med

EDIT
Found it.
Vagifem 10mcg insert

Tablet showed up but not the insert
And the tablet was not on any formulary

Its both. I had to call my pharmacist a few years and ask her. Its an insert/suppository with a PILL that comes out. Shoot me now.

Its both. I had to call my pharmacist a few years and ask her. Its an insert/suppository with a PILL that comes out. Shoot me now.

Honestly, that kind of contraption never occurred to me.

I can think of a number of ways this thread could deteriorate and go off the rails but I will resist the urge and move on.

I know Mom is proud of me for doing this.

Back