If You Had to Choose One Company...

I would just call agency owners and ask them what they think directly. Call several so you get different levels and experience

Ok, I'm looking for some input on captive companies. I know most of the major posters on this site are all independent and will preach independent all day long. But if you HAD to pick a captive company to hitch your wagon to, who would you choose? State Farm, Allstate, Farmers or some other carrier. Why would you choose them? Rates? Lower production requirements? Better training? Lower barrier of entry?

Thanks

From casual observation it appears State Farm agents have less turnover and make more than the others mentioned. If stability and earning potential are any indication, that might be something to consider, however I believe the barrier to entry is higher with them than other similiar captives.

Don't Do It...! There is a reason that folks don't work for them. The primary reason (at least for me) is that no one company can offer a client the best products! You have to utilize products from a handfull of companies to do justice for your valuable clients.

The Kansas Life Insurance Guy

I'm a bit surprised that noone has mentioned either Mutual of Omaha or New York Life. I understood that they were pretty selective but great to work for once a person is on-board. Is that just marketing? Anyone?

Best Wishes,

And what is so great about Shelter's products to justify such horrible commissions? 25% on term, is that a joke??

Their 20 year term is guaranteed for a FULL 10 years against rate increases!

Impressed now?

Back