I'll Take a Plan J Benefits

Bob_The_Insurance_Guy

Guru
1000 Post Club
Decatur, Ga.
I am meeting with someone who currently has Medicare Plan J. I've never sold one, and don't remember what it does and does not cover. Anyone got an old Plan J Benefits Grid laying around?

I threw all mine out last year. DUMB move on my part.

Re: I'll Take a J

Plan J was plan F with preventive care and at-home-recovery before preventive was added to plan F.

My mind was thinking of something else with the thread subject.

I just had to look and see what you were talking about.

J = F + G + E

Here's my response to "J has extra benefits."

Medicare thought so much of those "extra" benefits that they did away with them.

I like to explain that basically J was cancelled because the "extra" benefits were moved to plan F, and it was redundant to have 2 plans that did basically the same thing.

Once upon a time, Medicare had lousy preventitive benefits. Over the years, Medicare has added more & more preventitive.
Therefore, the preventive you rec'd under J suddendly became redundent.

Once upon a time, Medicare had lousy preventitive benefits. Over the years, Medicare has added more & more preventitive.
Therefore, the preventive you rec'd under J suddendly became redundent.

And if I recall correctly, according to Medicare, the at-home recovery benefit of Plan J was almost never used.

Medicare and Med Supps have always covered preventive care. They will get the same quality of care and preventitive care with Plan D, G, C, as they were getting with a Plan J or with Plan F.

It is simply a term they added when they attempted to push Plan J. There is nothing new now that seniors haven't been getting since Medicare standardized the plans in 1990.

Back