Illinois Hires Onion - A Little LATE Isn't It?

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I don't know what the "Onion" is, other than what I'm reading in today's news. But apparently, Illinois is going to use the Onion to attract young enrollees. With only 45 days left in 2014 open enrollment, wasting taxpayer's money like this reeks of desperation!

Story: In Illinois Deal, The Onion Will Promote Health Insurance (Really) : Shots - Health News : NPR

What's makes this even more disgusting is that Illinois is spending money to attract people who don't want to sign up, while ignoring the needs of thousands who have enrolled, but are not being processed into Medicaid, All-Kids, etc..

No expansion of Medicaid/All-Kids medical infrastructure, and constructing communication barriers between Get Covered Illinois and the Public, are just added insults. All this B.S.... from a state that doesn't even have enough money to fulfill its pension contracts with retirees.
-allen

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I don't know what the "Onion" is, other than what I'm reading in today's news. But apparently, Illinois is going to use the Onion to attract young enrollees. With only 45 days left in 2014 open enrollment, wasting taxpayer's money like this reeks of desperation!

Story: In Illinois Deal, The Onion Will Promote Health Insurance (Really) : Shots - Health News : NPR

What's makes this even more disgusting is that Illinois is spending money to attract people who don't want to sign up, while ignoring the needs of thousands who have enrolled, but are not being processed into Medicaid, All-Kids, etc..

No expansion of Medicaid/All-Kids medical infrastructure, and constructing communication barriers between Get Covered Illinois and the Public, are just added insults. All this B.S.... from a state that doesn't even have enough money to fulfill its pension contracts with retirees.
-allen

I normally stop many cocktail conversations with these 3 words ..."I sell insurance." I don't find my magical 3 words working as well these days. Why? Because people want to know more about the ACA.

People just do not know how to go about finding more. Normally there are agents plugging product ... sending postcards, holding seminars, telemarketing. I don't see any of this going on.

Not everyone gets their info over the internet. Obamacare seems to be of the mindset ACA can market and administer ACA via the web. How many of us can survive with just one marketing channel ... the internet?

2nd, where are these young invincibles? I live in a relatively affluent area. I run across 2 types of young people.

1. The first being college graduates stuck in minimum wage jobs. They live with their parents, have large student loans and top of the line smartphones! They go to Medicaid. No $ there.

2. Young people with engineering/ technology degrees. They work for large corporations (or government) making a good buck including major medical. No need for ACA.

There is a small segment of independent business people involved with their CPA's in "creative accounting." I would expect a large surge in this area.

:)

Back