Illinois Medicare Suplement Maried Discount

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
I've been told by a couple of carriers that in Illinois that it is against the law now for the married discount. Sentinel said that is not correct and it is fine. which is it?

I've been told by a couple of carriers that in Illinois that it is against the law now for the married discount. Sentinel said that is not correct and it is fine. which is it?

I have not heard that at all. That doesn't mean some politician didn't come up with one of the stupidest rules there ever would be though.

I have my doubts that it is against the law to offer someone a discount.

I believe it is Illegal in IL to give household discount when only one person applies, Some carriers that did give discount when only one applies changed that in ILL I believe in email's I received they mention ILL state law. Also Mutual took 12% discount to 7% in ILL as well

I have been corrected by an IL agent on this. Evidently they have ruled this. As was explained to me, "It wasn't fair to the single people who lived alone".

So what did they change to help those people? Not one damned thing! They just took something away from others. What lawmaker can possibly be this stupid? I don't even see it as ignorance. It's just plain stupidity.

I have been corrected by an IL agent on this. Evidently they have ruled this. As was explained to me, "It wasn't fair to the single people who lived alone".

So what did they change to help those people? Not one damned thing! They just took something away from others. What lawmaker can possibly be this stupid? I don't even see it as ignorance. It's just plain stupidity.

I get HH discount. In ILL just both need to apply

Back