Im a New to the Industry (Farmers Insurance)

LOL I have not checked my posting in a while and I think its cool that so many people came out to comment. And some many of Insurance-forums.net best people. COOL BEANS by the way Im 23pnc and 1life I know everybody hates me for doin farmers but they are very competitive here in MI. And I definitely head the advice of senior agent who war of the negative side I wont go into debt promise :-)

agentinsiderdan,

Every business runs on a P&L & Balance sheet. If you want to grow fast, invest every nickel you've got in marketing & people. You've got to build momentum in your agency. Learn to sell life insurance sooner rather than later. WIN the order of the Blue Vase. [you only have 6 months] It is not that hard.

By doing so you can support a staff person with a couple of good life sales a month. In 6 months the staff person will be good enough to pay for themselves & then you can hire a 2nd staff person. But you need staff. If you're good at sales you can't be answering phones, doing endorsements on policies, make coffee, run the cancel audit, take claims, do service work, cross sale each client needing service, etc...& meet your sales/growth goals. You can't even leave the office as you'd have to lock the doors!

Be a student of the business. Read, network with successful agents & share ideas. I have a friend who's a Farmer's reserve DM in WI right now. Used to be an agent with Allstate. He's loving it. Some folks are making a pretty good living with Farmers right now. Maybe you have to be in the right market to make it work? All I know is we have a lot of Farmers agents buying leads & saying rates are good.

I know a very good Farmers agent in the U.P. [yep, I'm a Yooper too!] If you're not in his back yard, I suspect he might even be open to chatting with you & sharing what has worked for him. He's one of the many good guys in the business. He's been one of the fastest growing Farmers Agents in the country.

Anyway, if you're interested in talking to him, shoot me an email or call me. Sure can't hurt.

Best of luck in your new career.

oh yeah. & watch those video's back in post #18. IMO, that method does work even today. Not with the minimum limit, no money client...but you shouldn't waste your marketing $$ on them anyway.

Hello everyone I am new to the industry and ready to learn. I have read many post and I know all the negative about Farmers. But now I would really just like some advice as to what I should do. I have a full time job and no money :laugh: but I want to break into the industry. I have been with them for two mounths and I have learned much. Doing this part time I have 14 PIF. I now have a PT telemarketer and I average 10 leads a week (SHE JUST STARTED), also I send 500 mailers a week.(Keep in mind that I only fund farmers with cash from farmers)All though I am the tope reserve in my office I want to quit my job and BLOW this THING UP! So please help me with marketing advice, scripts websites, and any other knowledge. PLEASE oh PLEASE dont't beat me up for chooseing farmers cause even with all the bad I have heard they have been good to me. Im just tryin to mmake a good life for my family.

Oh don't worry - it will "Blow Up" on you just give it time. When you write for Farmers it will hit the fan sooner or later. Be sure you get your E&O coverage anywhere but through the Agents Benefits Program. Farmers will and are currently filing claims against their own agents for claims that should never have been paid in the first place. They don't train their underwriters, who won't give you a straight answer if their life depended on it, and then regardless of what they tell you - it's all on you. Read the Operations Manual daily because you are responsible for knowing every in and out along with every edit, bulletin, etc. that changes the company's position. No one at Farmers knows the answers or can give you the right answer but you are suppose to know them all. Like I said get a copy of the Agent's Manual and put it in your bathroom you're gonna have a lot of reading to do - daily!:1mad:

Most business' fail because of finances. Selling widges or insurance. the captives are the only game in town for a newbie wanting to start in p&c insurance. I don't care if its Farmers,Allstate, nationwide, they have to believe in their company and their DM.

OMG---PeeWee you are soooo funny..
thanks to all you professional gurus......
I, too have been thinking about a career change and joining Farmers....Thank you for your insight... I have to think much, much more...My prospective employer-independent agent said to me, I have to pay for my own background check...(no problemo..small potatoes), I have to sell 40 polices 100% commission, then after 40 pol... I receive 2500 monthly stipend and capital from FB to build my own business......I am happy that you talked,, your input said a lot about the FB... thank you.

Latest posts

Back