I'm genially looking for advice (I'm not an agent)

Speaking as someone that constantly hangs up on Lead Geneartion telemarketing calls I can tell you that the moment someone uses the term "Life Changing" or "100%" this or that - I hang up faster. I also really dont like then calling up asking questions.

The way to get your ball rolling would seem to be to get some happy clients to refer you to other agencies. Or Get them to refer you to a cluster to set up a demo video call.

For many of these services [not sure about yours] if its so easy, simple, and successful - than offer a 6 month free trial with no contact, no signatures, and no fees. Just go find a good agency and set it up for free. Any agency owner that wants to grow their business would be hard pressed to not then sign up after seeing hundreds of free leads evaporate once their free service period is up. My two cents.

Speaking as someone that constantly hangs up on Lead Geneartion telemarketing calls I can tell you that the moment someone uses the term "Life Changing" or "100%" this or that - I hang up faster. I also really dont like then calling up asking questions.

The way to get your ball rolling would seem to be to get some happy clients to refer you to other agencies. Or Get them to refer you to a cluster to set up a demo video call.

For many of these services [not sure about yours] if its so easy, simple, and successful - than offer a 6 month free trial with no contact, no signatures, and no fees. Just go find a good agency and set it up for free. Any agency owner that wants to grow their business would be hard pressed to not then sign up after seeing hundreds of free leads evaporate once their free service period is up. My two cents.

I get that too, and it's rough because I find myself using these words that I know turn people off unless I focus intently on not using them. I wish I had the authority to offer a "6-month free trial" that would be so cool. It would be pretty hard for anyone to pass up on that. One issue with that could be, that after 1 year of our services - you really don't need to keep using us, the work is done for a long time to come, and as long as you maintain your GMB from there, you shouldn't need us, so 6 months would be giving away half of our product. I am hearing you guys though, you all are absolutely right, I need to leverage my happy clients more. I'll be hitting them up and requesting some referrals. I do that occasionally, but I think I could be a whole lot more proactive in that and really benefit from it.

Thank you everyone for the input, I think I have my hands full on improvements to work on right now. Obviously, if there is something that hasn't been said I'd still love to hear it, however, I feel like I learned a whole lot and this thread accomplished for me exactly what I intended for it to accomplish. Hopefully, with a little luck, I'll be able to come into contact with a lot of agents and utilize these approaches/tips to create a win/win situation for both myself and the agent.

Last edited:
So you can have my phone ringing from call in BUT you are marketing to me by cold calling random insurance agents?

if your methods work so well why aren’t you using them for your own marketing?

The process we use doesn't work for every profession. We've found it to be the most effective with niche things such as Chiropractors, CPAs, Real Estate Agents, Mortgage Loan Officers, and Insurance Agents. We have tried expanding into markets via free trials and based on the outcomes of these free trials we learned whether or not to dive deeper into that profession.

Insurance Agents have without a doubt been the most successful profession we've worked with. There are so many Insurance Agents throughout the country that we have endless leads to reach out to with simple Google searches. We wouldn't/don't charge someone for our services unless we know we can provide a very profitable result. This is also why we cannot work with Life Insurance Agents anymore, we were unable to deliver success in a timely manner. I literally will have to walk away from realistically 2-3 free deals a month because I'm not trying to make money from these guys knowing it won't work as great as they would need it to, to make a profit.

Although we do provide a positive ROI to Chiropractors, CPAs, Real Estate Agents, and MLOs we do not actively seek them out. The Insurance Agent market is so big, we'd rather go where the cream of the crop is while it's working.

We tried the same thing with our own company, and as it turns out people looking for the kind of marketing we're offering to these agents just don't find marketers like people find their insurance agents.

I block them all. Them, Dream Source Consulting, and the 5-letter acronym non-existent association... are all things I detest with a passion.

Agreed. Then there are people like this in the insurance industry that make our jobs harder as well

Back