I'm Suddenly Getting Porched. A Lot. What Am I Doing Wrong?

1. When you set the appt don't give your phone number.

If they ask say listen I'll be in and out of appts all day so it'll be impossible to reach me! As far as you know you will be there Monday at 2 right? Great you don't let anything interfere I won't let anything interfere and I'll see you Monday at 2 CLICK

Every time I give a phone number out they cancel.

If you're calling off leads and they call back & cancel show up anyway. Act like you didn't get the message and say well I'm already here! I told you I was coming from a LONG WAY! I've gotten so many sales that way

2. Right at the end of the call...Tell them you're coming from a REALLY long way on that day so if you can't make it to the appt it will REALLY mess up my schedule!! So let nothing interfere with our appointment and I'll see you Monday at 2! CLICK!

3. This establishes you're the businessman not the salesman. Business men tell people what to do. Salesman ask and are polite. If you start out bring polite and bending over people will always expect you to bend over!!! I've had people say well if you won't do this I'll go with another agent! I'm like fine have a nice day! Every time I used to bend over for people I'd end up with a charge back or a bunch of dodged calls! Or worse half a day wasted driving out there when they weren't home.

I gotta say this is some stellar and very good advice you just gave!! Nice. I can tell you sell a lot. Great post.

1. When you set the appt don't give your phone number.

If they ask say listen I'll be in and out of appts all day so it'll be impossible to reach me! As far as you know you will be there Monday at 2 right? Great you don't let anything interfere I won't let anything interfere and I'll see you Monday at 2 CLICK

Every time I give a phone number out they cancel.

If you're calling off leads and they call back & cancel show up anyway. Act like you didn't get the message and say well I'm already here! I told you I was coming from a LONG WAY! I've gotten so many sales that way

2. Right at the end of the call...Tell them you're coming from a REALLY long way on that day so if you can't make it to the appt it will REALLY mess up my schedule!! So let nothing interfere with our appointment and I'll see you Monday at 2! CLICK!

3. This establishes you're the businessman not the salesman. Business men tell people what to do. Salesman ask and are polite. If you start out bring polite and bending over people will always expect you to bend over!!! I've had people say well if you won't do this I'll go with another agent! I'm like fine have a nice day! Every time I used to bend over for people I'd end up with a charge back or a bunch of dodged calls! Or worse half a day wasted driving out there when they weren't home.
There is a difference in bring polite and "bending over" .

ha! I appreciate everyone's responses. I am reading them all, I'm just trying to stay busy.
I've got six on the books for the remainder of the week and will report back. Really need to just keep my activity up since I'm mostly going off of crap internet leads at the moment, will eventually be going for some better TM leads because at least that's not as MUCH of a numbers game.

I've definitely also been in the twilight zone the past week and a half for my appointments.

One person was in the process of getting arrested when I showed up at their door, one person did not remember setting the appointment ("how did you get my address?"), one person was just convinced they knew more than me and wouldn't let me help them, etc.

Send good vibes, all.

Last edited:
ha! I appreciate everyone's responses. I am reading them all, I'm just trying to stay busy.
I've got six on the books for the remainder of the week and will report back. Really need to just keep my activity up since I'm mostly going off of crap internet leads at the moment, will eventually be going for some better TM leads because at least that's not as MUCH of a numbers game.

I've definitely also been in the twilight zone the past week and a half for my appointments.

One person was in the process of getting arrested when I showed up at their door, one person did not remember setting the appointment ("how did you get my address?"), one person was just convinced they knew more than me and wouldn't let me help them, etc.

Send good vibes, all.

Read more if your booked all week. Most important....ONLY BOOK ONE DAY OUT!

----------

Only in the Boom Boom room!

Looking like the next boom boom trip is coming up soon. Border of TN and KY. Come on over Rouse HAHAHA

Back