I'm Thinking of Going Independent - Need Advice

What do you mean 1% allowance?

I just know in FL they only offered 65% for FE and I get 115% now. They paid no renewals on advantage plans unless you sold over $35k in non medicare products. MAPD paid $300 instead of $415. Med Supps paid $150 instead of $224 and no renewals on them either unless $35 in non Medicare products.

All they offered me was a phone, a desk and old "leads" which were just names and phone numbers.

I just don't see the value in staying there

JD,

I am going to stick with the Medicare and Life Insurance Industry as these are what I am comfortable with.

Chazm,

Thank you for the advice, I am currently in contacts with Premier. The medicare commission varies based on companies, but they seem to come in around 20% for first year APC, is this a decent rate?

Tom

JD,

I am going to stick with the Medicare and Life Insurance Industry as these are what I am comfortable with.

Chazm,

Thank you for the advice, I am currently in contacts with Premier. The medicare commission varies based on companies, but they seem to come in around 20% for first year APC, is this a decent rate?

Tom

Then find a good medicare IMO and work with them. As for the life, it would depend on which market as to which IMO to go with. Don't go with an IMO that specializes in FE if you want traditional life products. Don't go with a traditional IMO if you want to focus on FE.

JD, I am going to stick with the Medicare and Life Insurance Industry as these are what I am comfortable with. Chazm, Thank you for the advice, I am currently in contacts with Premier. The medicare commission varies based on companies, but they seem to come in around 20% for first year APC, is this a decent rate? Tom

I'm not sure what you are referring to with 20%. I only write UHC for med Supps in FL so it's just street. But I do pay $225 for 1k t65 leads through lead concepts with my premier discount

I'm not sure what you are referring to with 20%. I only write UHC for med Supps in FL so it's just street. But I do pay $225 for 1k t65 leads through lead concepts with my premier discount

Sorry, I meant 20% commission on first year premiums. Is this pretty decent?

Back