I'm Wondering if There Will Be a Place for the Agent in Trump Care?

I dont often agree with nylife. But there can certainly be a bias on this forum (as a whole) against those with a Degree or a Designation. Not in this section so much, but other sections of the forum it is very true. And not just the FE section either. Take a look at the CFP forum on here... everything on it is just bashing CFPs.

Never, ever looked at CFP forum. And I think I've looked at the FE forum twice. I'll buy it...but wouldn't completion of a 4 year rigorous curriculum include how to not bitch at people for prejudices you found elsewhere?

Never, ever looked at CFP forum. And I think I've looked at the FE forum twice. I'll buy it...but wouldn't completion of a 4 year rigorous curriculum include how to not bitch at people for prejudices you found elsewhere?

Na. That is standard curriculum in today's college atmosphere. The other side is all the same and every one of them is a terrible person who is ignorant. Class over, go protest something and you get an A+ for the semester.

Last edited:
I dont often agree with nylife. But there can certainly be a bias on this forum (as a whole) against those with a Degree or a Designation. Not in this section so much, but other sections of the forum it is very true. And not just the FE section either. Take a look at the CFP forum on here... everything on it is just bashing CFPs.

In all fairness, the CFP board is a bunch of arrogant power hungry wanna be politicians. But the "BFD" "designation" is often thrown out as a retort to anyone who mentions their real professional designation. Which is sad imo... we should encourage learning in our profession and encourage those who want to learn.

And Im saying this as someone who did not finish my 4 year degree, and currently has zero professional designations. But Im constantly learning and educating myself about my profession. And it allows me to make much more than the average college grad :)

My biggest problem with posts from nylife is that they often come across as condescending. Which imo is why his "education" is often thrown at him as a bad thing. Even an inherently positive thing can be utilized in a negative fashion.

The poster in question is just a troll who failed in the insurance business, nothing more, nothing less. He probably has a BA from a second rate school and wastes his employers' time and money posting anonymously on a message board.

Na. That is standard curriculum in today's college atmosphere. The other side is all the same and every one of them is a terrible person who is ignorant. Class over, go protest something and you get an A+ for the semester.

You post yet another ignorant opinion.....get back on your meds Scagnt :goofy:. You don't have a clue. Guess you need to look at a bit of history.....try the 60's and 70's for starters. :swoon:

The poster in question is just a troll who failed in the insurance business, nothing more, nothing less. He probably has a BA from a second rate school and wastes his employers' time and money posting anonymously on a message board.

He does mostly troll people on this forum. But that does not make what I said any less true.

Yes. Of course. How perceptive of you. It's kind of amazing the insight you possess. No doubt I'm a total loser in life... having gone to a second rate school, having failed at every job I've had, etc. Excellent analysis... but not quite first-rate.

Please take this constructively.

You left out a whole bunch of possibilities. You didn't mention that I'm probably off my meds which is always a favorite characterization on internet chat boards, and that I was probably a 'special needs' child (another good one,) and that I must suffer from PTSD from my military deployments (aren't all ex-soldiers 'done messed up in the 'hed'" as taterpeel would put it?)

Oh and don't forget to throw in that I must be a clueless liberal with an entitlement mentality.

"Troll" just isn't strong enough for this audience. You really need to bring in the heavy artillery if you want to sustain and maintain the adulation from your fellow agents that you seem to crave... and of course deserve.

You did well here, but not quite as well as most of us expected from you.

I'll give you a mulligan here. Is that fair? C'mon, we are all waiting to see what you re-post. Give it some thought. You can do better. As Ms. Pat Benatar sings "Hit me with your best shot."

----------

Since you normally don't see it on our side, why do you think that it is?

Obviously because there are people like you here who get a sense of self-satisfaction and a measure of self-esteem by posting personal attacks. There are not as many of them in this section as there are in the FE section, but they are here beside you.

Does that answer your question? If not, let me know and we can discuss it further, assuming you are interested in civil discourse and not a food-fight.

The inputs to establishing the metrics are simple:

What state DOI is going to be the first to let you charge consulting fees?

How many will follow?

Do you really think you will be allowed to set your own rates?

Finally, when the insurance biz catches up with technology such that buying health insurance will be as easy as buying shirt or skirt on Amazon, who is going to pay your fees? What is the customer incentive or motivation?

Come up with answers to those questions and I'm sure we can build a model.

You have been in the business for a long time and you know a lot about the past.

It is the future you should be concerned about.

Sigh, you are right.

Never mind.

I guess Louisiana didn't get your memo either. Get out of our sandbox.

https://insurancenewsnet.com/oarticle/louisiana-bill-allow-health-advisors-charge-fees

Huval’s measure does not limit what agents can charge customers, but he said it would allow them to earn a “reasonable fee” based on what market competition will bear for various plans.

Let's see... cut agent commissions and spend it on commercials...
Personally we will stick with carriers that keep their agent commissions fair. It may not be individual health products but oh well

Yes. Of course. How perceptive of you. It's kind of amazing the insight you possess. No doubt I'm a total loser in life... having gone to a second rate school, having failed at every job I've had, etc. Excellent analysis... but not quite first-rate.

Please take this constructively.

You left out a whole bunch of possibilities. You didn't mention that I'm probably off my meds which is always a favorite characterization on internet chat boards, and that I was probably a 'special needs' child (another good one,) and that I must suffer from PTSD from my military deployments (aren't all ex-soldiers 'done messed up in the 'hed'" as taterpeel would put it?)

Oh and don't forget to throw in that I must be a clueless liberal with an entitlement mentality.

"Troll" just isn't strong enough for this audience. You really need to bring in the heavy artillery if you want to sustain and maintain the adulation from your fellow agents that you seem to crave... and of course deserve.

You did well here, but not quite as well as most of us expected from you.

I'll give you a mulligan here. Is that fair? C'mon, we are all waiting to see what you re-post. Give it some thought. You can do better. As Ms. Pat Benatar sings "Hit me with your best shot."

----------

Obviously because there are people like you here who get a sense of self-satisfaction and a measure of self-esteem by posting personal attacks. There are not as many of them in this section as there are in the FE section, but they are here beside you.

Does that answer your question? If not, let me know and we can discuss it further, assuming you are interested in civil discourse and not a food-fight.

It's really fun for me to write one or two sentences and watch you spill verbal diarrhea in reply, didn't your 3rd rate college teach you the word 'succinct' along with the thousands of Shakespeare quotes?

It's really fun for me to write one or two sentences and watch you spill verbal diarrhea in reply, didn't your 3rd rate college teach you the word 'succinct' along with the thousands of Shakespeare quotes?

No, you have to attend a 2nd rate university to learn that.

I love your posts... they are like napalm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back